ProPride Braindate ProFierté (bilingual)
- This event has passed.
ProPride Braindate ProFierté (bilingual)
August 3, 2022 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Wednesday, August 3, 2022, from 9 AM to 4 PM EDT (up to your schedule availability) – This online networking event is free and open to all who wish to register.
Tired of missing out on webinars because they don’t suit your schedule or don’t accommodate your time zone? Pride at Work Canada’s Braindate networking events provide the opportunity to meet and learn from others through meaningful conversations all on your schedule.
Join us on August 3 to connect with D&I professionals from across Canada through the Braindate platform. Representatives from Pride at Work Canada’s Proud Partner and Community Partner network will be coming together to share best practices and learn from one another. If you have some spare time on your lunch break or between meetings at any point from 9 AM to 4 PM EDT, stop by to say hi and explore this new way of networking with us!
What is a Braindate?
Braindates are one-on-one or group video chat discussion sessions created by platform users based on what they can teach or what they want to learn. On the Braindate platform, you will be able to browse a list of topics posted by other users and join the conversations that interest you most and suit your schedule. If you’re seeking advice or have a subject you’re itching to discuss with other members of the Pride at Work Canada community, you can post your own topic too!
- Log into Braindate to create your profile: details will be sent to the email you register with.
- Explore the Topic Market: participants (and you, too!) post braindate topics here related to discussions they’d like to have with others during the event. You can invite anyone to meet based on their topic!
- Create topics: post braindate topics about discussions you’d like to have. This is your opportunity to share your knowledge, experiences, and expertise!
- Book your braindates: send invitations to meet others to discuss their topics, and accept the invitations you receive. Once confirmed, your braindates will take place virtually right on the platform.
- Get started!
We’re here to help! About virtual learning concierges
Would you like advice on how to create a compelling braindate topic? Are you having trouble finding topics that are relevant to you? Do you have questions about how to use the Braindate platform?
We can help. At our Braindate networking events, Virtual Learning Concierges (real humans – no bots here!) will be on call to support you in making the most out of your experience. Don’t hesitate to connect with one of them on button links.
They will be available by Tuesday, August 2.
How to host a meaningful braindate?
Braindates are conversations that stem from a shared interest.
Whether it’s a one-on-one or group braindate, keep the following 5 tips in mind to lead a meaningful braindate for everyone involved:
- Make sure everyone introduces themselves and contributes to the discussion.
- Ask the participant(s) what interested them about the topic.
- Be transparent and honest about your own experience related to the topic: You don’t need to be an expert to lead a braindate.
- Don’t forget that everyone has something interesting they can add to the conversation: adopt a beginner’s mindset.
- Don’t forget to share contact information. Many great relationships started with a simple conversation.
Limited number of participants.
There will be a draw (two tickets) for Montrealers who participate in our ProPride Braindate ProFierté to join our Montreal ProPride (sold out) in that evening.
Please register by Monday, August 1. For this event specifically, we won’t accept late registrations.Registration for this event has closed.
For Montreal ProPride, please register here (limited capacity – it’s sold out).
This online networking event has limited capacity and is free and open to all who wish to register. If you have any question, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.