City : Fredericton
Category : Sales, Marketing & Product Management
Industry : Heavy and civil engineering construction
Employer : J.D. Irving
In business since 1957, Kent Homes is one of the largest home builders and mobile shelter rental companies in Atlantic Canada. We have 150,000 square feet of space dedicated to building quality homes year-round. We serve remote, rural, and urban centers throughout Atlantic Canada and Ontario.
Kent Homes is accepting applications for a Sales Manager to manage our sales center in Fredericton, NB.
Reporting to, and working with the Director of Business Development, the Sales Manager is responsible for delivering against the sales targets within our market to achieve business objectives. Working in a fast-paced, demanding environment, the successful candidate will efficiently manage work across internal & external units and can adapt as required to meet new deadlines and work with our valued customers expectations. Leadership is essential towards delivering the best in class customer experience in line with the company’s vision and values.
- Manage a complete turnkey sales process that will ensure an exceptional customer experience
- Ensure sales process & costing is managed to ensure margins are met or exceeded
- Responsible for managing profit & loss statement and overall operation of sales center
- Working closely with project manager & office / sales support administrator to maintain the integrity and details of all files & documents as related to operation of the business
- Gain and expand on market knowledge, competitors & areas of growth within the market
- Hours of commitment for this role are not consistent. It is expected you will be available to the business as required to meet the customers expectations
- Provide Leadership within the office environment
- Work closely with the plant & operations to keep them informed of market trends and any areas where changes could be made to effectively grow the business
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES & COMPETENCIES
- Minimum of (5) years selling experience preferably in the housing / construction industry
- Post-Secondary Education would be an asset
- Proven capacity to manage the sales cycle and effectively manage difficult situations should they arise
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, including Excel & Power Point
- Excellent interpersonal communication (written & verbal) and creative problem solving
- Rigorous sales process management, negotiation & analytical skills
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to prioritize activities to drive the sales process
- Self-starter, organized, ability to work autonomously or as part of a team.
- Handle confidential & sensitive documentation as required
To Apply for this Career Opportunity
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity with Kent Homes , please click the “Apply Now” button and complete the online application form. A resume of past experience is required; a cover letter is not.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here
Kent Homes is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to proving an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees