IT Support Specialist
City : Vaughan, Ontario, Canada
Category : Full-Time
Industry : Information Technology
Employer : Mattamy Homes
Vaughan Ontario (Moving to Mississauga in May 2023) Hybrid (3 days/ week in office)
Mattamy Asset Management
Senior IT Support Specialist
At Mattamy Asset Management (MAM), everyone has an important role to play in our shared success. Developing thoughtfully planned communities is complex work and our diverse teams come together to deliver on that mission in every aspect. We are thoughtful planners, precise project managers and practiced subject matter experts. And in each area of our evolving business, we are trusted to drive results. Here, your opinion will be invited, and your contributions will count. You’ll be surrounded by caring people who encourage you to be exactly who you are. You’ll grow in your area of expertise, learning alongside committed colleagues. With a relentless focus on industry leadership and a deep commitment to sustainability, we’ve got big plans for the future – and for you.
Learn more about what makes working at Mattamy special and our award-winning culture.
What we offer
Reporting to the Senior IT Support Specialist the IT Support Specialist (ITSS) will be responsible for supporting and ensuring delivery of IT services to the Toronto Homebuilding business so that end users can accomplish business tasks, while striving to achieve the company mission the Best Homeowner Experience, in all activities undertaken.
What you’ll do
- Provide exemplary end-user support and service in all situations.
- Triage issues and service requests via phone, e-mail or service desk ticketing system.
- Ensure best practices and process are enhanced and maintained.
- Coordinate Field Service Partners in scheduling delivery and infrastructure deployment.
- Provide a prompt response to user requests for information and assist in application system problem resolution.
- Keep the end-user informed of progress and advise on workarounds.
- Log all incoming calls in an Incident Management tool and resolve and/or escalate calls as required.
- Develop and maintain support knowledge base containing troubleshooting approaches, methods and fixes as observed in Incident and Problem Management.
- Perform access control activities such as active directory accounts, local user privileges, etc.
- Collaborate with IT Service Delivery Leads for activities such as incident management, problem management and root cause analysis and to resolve after-hours incidents.
- Proactively build relationships and awareness of the upcoming remote office activities with key stakeholders from the different divisions.
- Travel as needed to remote office locations to set-up equipment, upgrade hardware/software, troubleshoot, problem-solve and assist with office moves.
What you bring
- College diploma or university degree in business or information systems required.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of related work experience.
- ITIL Foundations Certification an asset.
- Knowledge and/or experience with JD Edwards an asset.
- Experience managing corporate desktop environments for patching, antivirus, application deployment.
- Deep knowledge of Wide Area Network and LAN technologies that can be used to connect sitetrailersoffices.
- Demonstrated experience with client support and a proven ability to deliver a high level of customer service.
- Customer and Vendor relationship management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to travel within the GTA region.
We encourage applicants who meet most of the role requirements to hit that submit button and apply! It’s okay if you don’t have 100% of the requirements. If you’re the right candidate, we’ll help you learn and grow.
Who we are
Mattamy Homes is the largest privately owned homebuilder in North America, with 40-plus years of history across Canada and the United States. Every year, Mattamy helps more than 8,000 families realize their dream of home ownership. In Canada, our communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area as well as in Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton.
Be yourself. We want it that way.
At Mattamy, we're passionate about creating and promoting a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone can do their best work. Diversity and inclusion are important to the work we do to support our homebuyers, colleagues, and communities. From how we build our teams to cultivating our leaders, we're on a journey toward a welcoming, barrier-free culture for everyone.
Mattamy Homes Canada is committed to providing accommodation for people with disabilities. If you require accommodation through any aspects of the selection process, please notify us on your application and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Qualified applicants will be contacted directly by the Talent Acquisition team.