Headquartered in Toronto, with operations in Alberta and Cuba, Sherritt is a world leader in using hydrometallurgical processes to mine and refine nickel and cobalt. Its Technologies Group creates innovative, proprietary solutions for natural resource-based industries around the world to improve environmental performance and increase economic value. Sherritt is also the largest independent energy producer in Cuba. Sherritt’s common shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol “S”.
Commitment to Diversity & InclusionSherritt is committed to diversity and inclusion, and values the benefits that diverse perspectives, and inclusive and respectful organizational cultures brings to the company. Sherritt has made the following pledges with respect to diversity and inclusion:
- To establish a culture of inclusion, where every team member is valued, their unique talents and abilities are appreciated, and their contributions are recognized
- To build an inspired workforce through deepened engagement and a supportive environment that unlocks individual potential
- To strengthen a talent pipeline to achieve increased representation at every level
- To solidify our position as a leader in diversity and inclusion, honoring the diversity of our team and continually enabling a culture of belonging and inclusion
- To demonstrate peer-leading performance through reportable KPIs and success stories in support of our goal of increasing talent diversity
Vision for the FutureSherritt recognizes the inherent value that comes from having a diverse group of employees at all levels of the organization, and that historically there has been an underrepresentation of this in the mining industry. We understand that as challenges and demands on the industry continue to evolve, a diverse set of perspectives are required to help us continue to excel in an ever-changing landscape. We also recognize that our stakeholders want to see a version of themselves and their values reflected in our organization.
Sherritt aspires to be a leader in Diversity and Inclusion in the mining sector by improving diversity at all levels of the organization.