Work Focused Psychotherapist
Category : Part-time Hourly
Industry : *Service Provider
Employer : Homewood Health Inc.
Homewood Health™ is looking for therapists able to provide work focused cognitive behavioral and other psychotherapy treatment for employees who have left work and are in receipt of short-term and long-term disability. The ideal candidate will have a strong mental health background and experience in providing psychotherapy, particularly CBT. Candidates should consider themselves functionally focused; believe in the value of work and share a view that work is compatible with less than perfect health.
We are currently looking to hire therapists across Canada to work with clients in their geographical area. This is an independent contractor role, and does not guarantee any specific number of referrals or hours.
What you'll be doing
• Conduct weekly one-on-one therapy sessions following the standardized procedures
• Build an understanding of the factors influencing client recovery
• Identify medical and non-medical issues that are contributing to a client’s decreased work capacity
• Improve the client’s ability to manage issues causing decreased work capacity
• Provide treatment to assist and support the client to resume work function
• Use behavioral activation strategies along with CBT, Motivational Interviewing and problem-solving oriented therapies directed at improving clients functioning to optimize participation and performance in life and work
• Communicate regularly with Homewood Health clinical staff via standardized reporting and weekly written documentation
What we're looking for
· A minimum of a Master’s degree in Social Work, Psychology or related field
· Registration and authorization to practice Psychotherapy in your province of practice
· 3 to 5 years or more of return to work focused clinical counselling experience
· access to your own office space to see clients in the province of Nova Scotia
· Proficiency and experience using CBT techniques
· Experience in RTW counseling for clients on short-term/ long-term disability, and/or WSIB claims. This should include RTW facilitation and/or work focused treatment
· Professional liability insurance coverage of $2,000,000 or as otherwise determined by Homewood Health™
· Proficiency to provide counselling services in either English or French is required
· Counselling proficiency in additional languages is a strong asset
· Ability to use Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook)
Why work with us
We are driven by our values and are passionate about improving lives. We offer competitive wages and professional development opportunities, along with opportunities to engage with a community of clinicians from a variety of professional backgrounds across Canada who are part of our community of practice. Join us and work along-side highly motivated people who are collaborative and focused on delivering seamless services and programs to our clients and customers.
Employment Equity & Closing Statement
Join us at Homewood Health™ and be part of a diverse team helping Canadians live healthier, more productive and fulfilling lives.