Uniformed Asset Protection Personnel
City : Lower Sackville, Nova Scotia
Category : Part time
Industry : Business Support
Employer : Shoppers Drug Mart®
Referred applicants should not apply directly to this role.
All referred applicants must first be submitted through Workday by a current Loblaw Colleague.
Come make your difference in communities across Canada, where authenticity, trust and making connections is valued – as we shape the future of Canadian retail, together. Our unique position as one of the country's largest employers, coupled with our commitment to positively impact the lives of all Canadians, provides our colleagues a range of opportunities and experiences to help Canadians Live Life Well®.
At Atlantic Superstore, we succeed through collaboration and commitment and set a high bar for ourselves and those around us. Whether you are just starting your career, re-entering the workforce, or looking for a new job, this is where you belong.
Atlantic Superstore in Lower Sackville, NS located at 745 Sackville is looking for a Uniformed Asset Protection Personnel. Are you passionate about providing an exceptional shopping experience for customers and delighting them every step of the way? If so, enjoy an exciting role with one of Canada’s largest employers and help make our stores a great place for customers to shop! UAPPs welcome customers as they enter the store and provide friendly service and educate customers on Covid-19 safety protocols and respond to Asset Protection programs. UAPPs will collaborate with the other employees of the store and may need to perform other assigned duties as required.
Support for you at Loblaw goes far beyond a pay cheque. We will support your ongoing career development with in-house training programs and tuition assistance. We offer a competitive pay rate, a 10% Colleague Discount program, as well as, a company matched Pension Plan, Health Benefits and Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide exceptional customer service & support to all internal and external customers.
- Respond to Asset Protection (AP) programs while providing exceptional customer service.
- Facilitate social distancing while managing customer traffic flow.
- Assess safety hazards (i.e. spills, wet floors etc.) and take proper procedures to ensure customer safety.
- Escalate any crisis or emergency situations in a timely manner.
- Maintain and submit daily, weekly, and monthly status reports.
- Act as a visible deterrent to theft and vandalism.
- All other duties as required.
- Experience within a retail environment preferred.
- Ability to foster partnerships with store teams.
- Exceptional customer service skills with a talent for building relationships.
- Professional, friendly and approachable demeanor.
- Ability to remain calm in high tension situations.
- Ability to walk or stand in the same position for long periods.
- First Aid and CPR certified is an asset.
Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and colleagues with disabilities.
Our commitment to Sustainability and Social Impact is an essential part of the way we do business, and we focus our attention on areas where we can have the greatest impact. Our approach to sustainability and social impact is based on three pillars – Environment, Sourcing and Community – and we are constantly looking for ways to demonstrate leadership in these important areas. Our CORE Values – Care, Ownership, Respect and Excellence – guide all our decision-making and come to life through our Blue Culture. We offer our colleagues progressive careers, comprehensive training, flexibility, and other competitive benefits – these are some of the many reasons why we are one of Canada’s Top Employers, Canada’s Best Diversity Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers & Canada’s Top Employers for Young People.
If you are unsure whether your experience matches every requirement above, we encourage you to apply anyway. We are looking for varied perspectives which include diverse experiences that we can add to our team.
We have a long-standing focus on diversity, equity and inclusion because we know it will make our company a better place to work and shop. We are committed to creating accessible environments for our colleagues, candidates and customers. Requests for accommodation due to a disability (which may be visible or invisible, temporary or permanent) can be made at any stage of application and employment. We encourage candidates to make their accommodation needs known so that we can provide equitable opportunities.
Candidates who are 18 years or older are required to complete a criminal background check. Details will be provided through the application process.