Temporary Reporter, BNN Bloomberg, Bell Media
City : Toronto, Ontario
Category : Media
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Bell
Req Id: 410906
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Media team creates and delivers the best Canadian and international content across our digital media, television, radio, and out-of-home advertising platforms. We’re looking for innovative team players ready to take some of the most well-known entertainment brands in the country to the next level.
Do you thrive in a live, breaking news environment? Do you have knowledge of business news and a passion for reporting on finance, economics, and equity markets? BNN Bloomberg is looking for a reporter who can join our team to cover business news for TV as well as our digital and audio platforms.
- Research, report, interview and present business news stories primarily for television
- Backfill as anchor to host shows, when required
- Contribute written elements for digital platforms
- Participate in editorial process including idea generation and guest leads
- Ensuring content exceeds all editorial and industry standards
- Outstanding knowledge of business, finance, and economics
- 5+ years of business, markets and/or journalism experience
- A track-record for contextualising stories and highlighting why a story is important
- Great on-camera presence
- A self-starter who is eager to contribute content on multiple platforms (TV, digital, radio)
- A team player who gives and receives feedback well
- A journalist who is committed to the highest industry and ethical standards
- A journalism and/or business degree will be considered an asset, as well as financial industry experience
Adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Media - Talent
Job Status: Temporary - Full time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Work Arrangement: Full-time in office (meaning that you will be required to perform your work on-site)
Application Deadline: 06/02/2023
For work arrangements that are ‘Hybrid’, successful candidates must be based in Canada and report to a set Bell office for a minimum of 3 days a week. Recognizing the importance of work-life balance, Bell offers flexibility in work hours based on the business needs.
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
Created: Canada, ON, Toronto
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.