Telecom Construction Coordinator
City : Kitimat, British Columbia
Category : See posting on Fluor site
Industry : Engineering
Employer : Fluor Canada
Fluor is one of Canada's top employers and is recognized globally as a leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Fabrication, and Maintenance industry. Our focus on innovation and providing cost-effective technology-based solutions is second to none. As we look to the future, we need creative, ambitious, and innovative professionals who can help us fulfill our purpose to Build a Better World.
Fluor team members are at the heart of our success in executing projects safely, thoughtfully, and with the highest quality. We aim to foster an inclusive culture that prioritizes diversity and inclusion that allows employees to bring their best, most authentic selves to work. If you value teamwork, empowerment in your career, and are eager to champion innovative and sustainable solutions to our clients, this opportunity just may be for you!
Reporting to the E&I Construction Manager and working in conjunction with Site Construction Coordinators / Supervisors, Field Engineers and Pre-commissioning and Commissioning Supervisors, the Telecom Construction Coordinator is accountable for the construction and quality assurance of the permanent Telecom facilities for the LNGC facility. The Telecom Construction Coordinator is a key member of the Construction Management Team which will work together to lead flawless project delivery with a focus on safety and meeting all internal/external targets.
• Coordinate construction and testing of Telecom cabling infrastructure, networks, equipment and devices with contractors and subcontractors
• Review detailed contractor installation work plans, method statements, schedules and pre-commissioning procedures.
• Perform installation inspections and ensure adherence to quality guidelines, project specifications and the prime contract.
• Provide interface support between Telecom installation contractors and Materials Management, Quality Management, Field Engineering, and other site contractors.
• Assists with the development of the detailed integrated facility construction and pre-commissioning schedule.
• Validate and approve contractor daily time sheets and progress reports.
• Support the development of detailed execution strategies/plans for construction and pre-commissioning.
• Ensure construction and pre-commissioning ITRs (inspection and test records) are completed in a timely manner and promptly returned to the Turnover team.
• Ensure contractor compliance with site LOTO, safety and permitting requirements.
• Provide input to Electrical coordinators during development of the Notice of Energization prior to the start of energized pre-commissioning activities.
• Assists with the development of equipment SAT strategies as supported by the pre-commissioning lead.