City : BURNABY
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Survey Technician - ( 2300023E )
Stantec's Surveys/Geomatics group is one of North America's largest surveying and mapping consultants. Our team utilizes state-of-the-art Trimble survey equipment and various software to deliver a broad range of surveying assignments including large public transportation projects and as well for private clients. Focusing on all aspects of spatial data, we provide services that include boundary surveying, topographic mapping, construction layout, geodetic and GPS surveys, 3D laser scanning, aerial photogrammetry, and hydrographic surveying. Stantec measures project and career success in some of the most rewarding ways possible and offer career opportunities as unique as you are.
The British Columbia Geomatics team within the Transportation Group is looking for a Survey Technician/Technologist. The Geomatics Team workload has continually increased year over year and are looking to expand, we offer the small company culture with the benefits of a large organization. This position offers a healthy hybrid work model allowing you a mix of working from home, office, and travel for field work throughout British Columbia. We are looking for a motivated individual who enjoys the outdoors is interested in surveying and wants to take their career to the next step.
If you are looking for a company where you can grow your career, gain experience on a variety of projects from small to large in urban to rural settings throughout British Columbia apply today.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Work with safety as a top priority
- Perform topographic, monitoring, 3D scanning, and other surveys
- Experienced in processing data in Trimble Business Center is an asset
- Prepare survey drawings in Civil3D (including cross sections and profiles) an asset
- Research, purchase, and draft plans from BC Land Titles
- QA/QC of field data and drafted data
- Willingness to travel for work throughout British Columbia including overnighting with accommodations and meal allowances provided
- Physically fit and able to work in rugged terrain in all weather conditions.
- Perform other duties of similar nature as assigned
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Experienced in using Trimble survey equipment (preferred) including data collectors, GNSS rovers, robotic total stations, and 3D scanners
- Working knowledge in field survey methods and calculations
- Knowledge in BC Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure (MoTI), MMCD standards considered an asset
- Capable of computations and assessment of found legal evidence in the field when necessary
- Working Knowledge of survey and boundary calculations, geodetic coordinate systems, and map projections
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Make safety culture a priority
- Valid BC Driver’s License with clean driving record
Education and Experience
- Technical degree/diploma/certificate or equivalent in Geomatics; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Preference is 1-3 years of experience, but willing to train the right candidate.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.The experience will forever shape your future. #FeelingEnergized
Benefits Summary: Full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
Primary Location : Canada-British Columbia-Burnaby
Other Locations : Canada-British Columbia-Kamloops, Canada-British Columbia-Kelowna
Organization : BC-1158 Transpt-CA British Columbia
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Entry Level
Travel : Yes, 75 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : May 11, 2023, 4:33:02 PM
Req ID: 2300023E
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans