Survey Technician / Technologist
City : SASKATOON
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Survey Technician / Technologist - ( 23000117 )
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving—whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Our Transportation practice has an immediate requirement for a Survey Technician / Technologist in either our Saskatoon or Regina offices. The role of a Survey Technician / Technologist is to work as a team member on roadways, bridge and culvert/hydraulic projects under the guidance of an Engineer. The Survey Technician / Technologist will utilize their knowledge and experience to contribute to a variety of projects ranging from conceptual design through to construction services.
If you are looking for a company where you can grow your career, gain experience on a variety of projects from small to large in urban to rural settings throughout Saskatchewan apply today.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Work with safety as a top priority.
- Be able to perform site setup and localization.
- Perform topographic, construction and other surveys.
- Prepare survey drawings in Civil 3D (including cross sections and profiles) as asset.
- QA/QC of field data and drafted data.
- Construction layout staking (slope stakes, second grades).
- Perform quantity calculations.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Completion of a Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology or similar program.
- Accredited or eligible for accreditation with SASTT.
- Minimum 3 years’ working experience in transportation engineering fields.
- Field construction experience related to bridges, roads, land development or other heavy civil engineering projects.
- Experience with Saskatchewan Ministry of Highways manuals, specifications and survey codes would be considered an asset.
- Knowledge of survey and boundary calculations, geodetic coordinate systems and map projections.
- Working knowledge in field survey methods and calculations.
- Experienced in using Trimble survey equipment (preferred) including data collectors, GNSS rovers, robotic total stations and 3D scanners.
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Civil 3D, and Excel spreadsheets is an asset
- Must have a valid Driver’s license.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Civil Engineering Technology or related field & working toward licensure.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience.
Position will primarily be based in the field. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Saskatchewan-Saskatoon
Other Locations : Canada-Saskatchewan-Regina
Organization : BC-1110 Transpt-CA Saskatchewan
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 75 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Mar 2, 2023, 9:19:27 AM
Req ID: 23000117
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans