City : SASKATOON
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Structural Technologist - ( 220003NE )
The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn’t have to be true? What if our built environment — where we live, learn, play, and conduct business — carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future—join us!
As a Structural Engineering Technologist, you will have the opportunity to work as part of a team of engineers and technologists on multiple projects for a range of public and private sector clients. This is a great opportunity for a motivated, energetic individual who wants to challenge their abilities in a dynamic work environment.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Work collaboratively with the structural team in the preparation of contract drawings, schedules, details, and sketches from conceptual design, through tender to construction.
- Ensure Revit, CAD Standards, Quality Assurance, and Quality Control procedures are followed during drawing, planning, and production.
- Assist in developing and meeting project timelines and budgets.
- Coordinate project requirements with the design team.
- Support senior and intermediate members of the production team.
- Support Construction Administration personnel including field reviews and co-ordination, review and issuance of change orders, clarifications and RFI responses on an occasional or as required.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Ability to work independently, and as part of a multidiscipline group.
- Strong time management and communication skills are required.
- Requisite knowledge and application of National Building Code and other applicable building and energy codes.
- Knowledge of structural systems and detailing of structural connections and members in wood, steel, and concrete.
- Strong working knowledge of recent versions of Revit and AutoCAD; and how they are applied within the built environment.
- Working knowledge of Building Information Modeling.
- Familiarity with methods of design to support the architectural/engineering field.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
- Experience with structural engineering design software such as ETABS, SAP, and STAAD is considered an asset.
Education and Experience
- Buildings Technology Diploma from a recognized technical school; preferably focusing on Civil Engineering Technology Program with a drive towards modelling and drafting of structures.
- Minimum 3 years of post-graduation experience in structural design environment.
- Experience in drafting and design of buildings related projects including healthcare, educational, commercial, and industrial is preferred.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Occasional field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others’ talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Saskatchewan-Saskatoon
Other Locations : Canada-Saskatchewan-Regina
Job : Structural Engineering Technician/Technologist
Organization : BC-1133 Buildings-CA Saskatchewan
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Oct 25, 2022, 2:17:28 PM
Req ID: 220003NE
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans