Structural Construction Coordinator – OSBL
City : Kitimat, British Columbia
Category : See posting on Fluor site
Industry : Engineering
Employer : Fluor Canada
Fluor is one of Canada's top employers and recognized globally as a leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Fabrication, and Maintenance industry. Our focus on innovation and providing cost effective technology based solutions to address our client's needs is second to none. As we look to the future, we need creative, ambitious, and innovative professionals who can help us achieve our goals.
Fluor team members are at the core of Fluor’s successes and instrumental in executing projects safely, smartly and with the highest quality. If you value teamwork, empowerment in your career and are eager to champion Fluor’s project execution, this opportunity just may be for you!
Functionally reporting to the Area Technical Service Manager, the successful candidate will be assigned to the construction team in support of the high voltage & switchyard areas. Primary duties are to provide technical support to craft & supervision, as well as helping to satisfy the quality requirements on the project. Construction Coordinators do not have any direct responsibility for achieving progress or productivity, however, they are responsible for ensuring that progress is accurately reported & verified, & to minimize or eliminate any obstruction to the efficient working of the project. Construction Coordinators serve as the liaison between JFJV Construction & the field engineering, quality, AWP, & turnover functions on the project. The primary role of the Construction Coordinator is to act as the focal point for technical interfaces in construction team; ensuring that construction requirements are made known & promptly supported by other functions; & to coordinate with other groups in the technical services & quality organizations to ensure that construction delivers the requirements to support other project team members.
The Structural Construction Coordinator will have the primary duties as listed below:
• Investigates & engages field engineering (when necessary) to resolve engineering & technical-related problems for both direct & subcontract labour.
• Provides technical interpretation of design documents in support of construction managers, superintendents & contractors, & provides specific expertise for problem-solving activities.
• Provides technical evaluation of bid proposals.
• Coordinates the work of field engineers, drafters, technicians, & other personnel who provide assistance on specific assignments.
• Coordinates the preparation & revision of technical work procedures (in conjunction with field engineering) consistent with project design & construction requirements.
• Liaisons with AWP/WFP & confirms the status of material deliveries to minimize schedule delays by cooperating with field material management.
• Verifies construction, building permits, & licenses, are available ahead of the work front.
• Validates material take-offs & equipment forecasts prepared by WFP, as well as initiates & prepares requisitions for the procurement of services, necessary to support the project schedule.
• Remains knowledgeable of safety policies & procedures & performs assigned duties in a safe manner &, while supervising others, has responsibility for their safety & ensures that they comply with established safety policies & procedures & practice safe work habits.
• Coordinates completion of construction activities in assigned systems & assists construction & turnover with preparing punch lists to ensure the readiness of systems for release to turnover.
• Monitors preparation of travel packages, work packages, & other construction-related information in a timely manner as required to support the work schedule.
• Monitors & inspects construction operations to ensure compliance with design documents.
• Assists construction with submission of warehouse requisitions & expedites the delivery of materials to the field.
• Assists field engineers by gathering information pertaining to field construction problems & providing input for resolution.
• Adheres to project AWP practices, procedures, & guidelines.
• Facilitates data transfer to AWP group
• Establishes & maintains effective communication between construction & AWP, field engineering, quality, & turnover, to ensure the timely flow of design documents & information in accordance with CWP Health Checks, & CWP holds & constraint management.
• Maintains liaison with technical & construction support departments to provide the technical & construction expertise required to support the project.
• Supports the implementation of the constructability review program during the design & construction phases of the project.
• Coordinates, in conjunction with the contract administration group, the technical administration of contracts.
• Confirms with WFP that construction is receiving current AFC project design documents.
• Interfaces with the Technical Services – Technical Contracts group for the site survey requests to provide horizontal & vertical control.
• Assists craftsmen, foreman, & construction supervisors, with regards to construction-related issues identified on drawings.
• Develops methods & techniques for the implementation of special processes.
• Develops & implements testing & examination procedures & programs.
• Coordinates the review & where necessary, obtains final survey information to assist field engineers with redline drawing creation & maintenance (varies depending on self-perform or subcontract scope).
• Coordinates the preparation & implementation of the project quality program when the quality function is the responsibility of the construction coordinator as per the Site Quality Manual – Quality Responsibility Matrix.
• Reports on the status of functions & activities performed by the Construction Coordinators to construction & Technical Services Management.
• Plays an active role in the development of the safety culture on the project, making safety a natural part of all work performed.
• Provides input to the Project Completion Report.
• Reviews of all vendor representatives’ support requirements with project supervisor & determine required date at site & duration. Interface with contract administration group & assist for developing vendor service contracts.
• Supports the needs of Project Controls with quantity reporting & verification of installed quantities for self-performed construction, or audits contractor request for progress payments to verify quantities for subcontract scope.
• Coordinates with system completion & turnover teams regarding start-up activities for assigned systems.
• Prepare scope for change orders, extra work order or back charge notices for subcontract work.
• Other duties as assigned.