Sr. Financial Analyst
City : Mississauga
Category : Finance
Industry : Food and Beverage Industry
Employer : PepsiCo Canada
The contributes to PepsiCo Beverages Canada’s success by acting as an integral part of the Canadian Business Unit Finance team, supporting the Logistics financial agenda. The role partners with the DWD Logistics Functions (Transport and Warehouse) to provide financial support against long and short-term operating strategies and decisions. This relates to AOP, SBP, productivity, forecasting, reporting, policy development and providing strategic recommendations to manage risk and reducing overall costs. Success in this role will require “can-do” results-driven behavior, good organizational skills, intellectual curiosity, strong financial analytical skills and the ability work both independently or as part of a team. The successful candidate will be a creative, out-of-the-box thinker who is intellectually curious with a demonstrated interest in continued learning.
- Lead the financial planning, SBP, AOP and reporting process for the DWD Transportation and DWD Warehouse teams
- Partner with Logistics teams to investigate variances and communicate course corrections to achieve forecasts, Productivity and AOP commitments
- Manage productivity financial targets development and tracking of implementation.
- Collaborate and engage with logistic teams to understand freight lanes / rates, fuel requirements, equipment options, warehouse location contracts, customer fines and fixed vs variable spend
- Preparation of presentations for the Supply Chain Leadership Team and the SLT with high quality and insightful content
- Collaborate with Customer Service, Supply Chain, Transport, and the Sales Team on Customer Fines and short shipment reporting, action planning and cost mitigation
- Manage insightful and actionable Period End financials report outs vs Forecast, AOP and Prior Year. Understand financial drivers to forecast quarters and balance of year financial outlooks
- Manage the risk and opportunities to Forecast / AOP with team inputs and timely communication to Senior Leaders
- Drive the DWD Logistics organization to meet key productivity targets; identify and champion productivity savings projects
- Financial Lead for Special Projects related to Logistics – provide analysis and recommendations
- University degree in Business; MBA / Accounting Designation an asset.
- Logistics & Supply Chain experience an asset. Experience in CPG industry an asset.
- Strong collaboration, customer relations, influencing, interpersonal, problem solving, analytical, verbal and written communications skills
- Expertise in Financial Information Systems, Financial Planning and Budgeting experience and experience in analyzing or forecasting Profit and Loss results an asset
- Excellent Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills; Previous SAP software experience an asset