City : EDMONTON
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Solutions Architect - ( 230001MH )
Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that accomplishes operational excellence. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our 26,000 team members in over 400 locations worldwide are vital to making our Company stronger.
Stantec Digital Solutions is a unique consulting team. We pride ourselves on being customer obsessed and highly focused on Digital Engineering transformation. This Solutions Architect & Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) position requires the candidate to have the ability to creatively leverage new and innovative (Microsoft Azure) technologies to successfully implement solutions for our clients and our business.
Your role covers the entire life-cycle of a product- from helping developers with architecture and delivery to on-call incident response and triage. Your primary focus will be automation and continuous integration/delivery with an emphasis on solving operations issues using software.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Plan, configure & manage resources in Microsoft Azure and other cloud platforms.
- Collaborate with the IT team to meet and exceed the strictest compliance requirements for cloud system security.
- Enable the product and project teams to build our world-class cloud platform, while protecting internal and customer data.
- Work with our other Digital Solutions Intrapreneurs (Applications Development, IoT, Digital Twin, AEC Engineering) to operationalize their platform and solutions.
- Create monitoring, alerting and dashboarding solutions that improve visibility into EA's application performance and business metrics, using tools from Atlassian and Microsoft Azure.
- Develop and troubleshoot distributed, largescale production systems spanning on-prem and cloud-based hosting.
- Perform root cause analysis and postmortems with an eye towards future prevention.
- Use automation technologies to ensure repeatability, eliminate toil, reduce mean time to detection and resolution (MTTD & MTTR) and repair services.
- Design CI/CD pipelines: You will produce documentation and support tooling for online support teams.
- Be an Expert in IAC tooling, such as Terraform HCL and Terraform Cloud.
- Research and Develop Prototypes using the latest cloud technology.
- Design Reusable IAC modules that adhere to Stantec security policy, for consumption in the Enterprise.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Background in infrastructure-as-code tools like Terraform, Ansible & ARM Templates.
- Proficiency in infrastructure, service, and application monitoring tools.
- Experience with HashiCorp tools (Nomad/Consul/Vault/Packer).
- Familiar with Enterprise-level security protocols and methods such as web application firewalls, SSO & SAML, multi-factor authentication, federated identity, Azure B2C.
- Experience with automated security tooling’s, such as vulnerability scanning, intrusion detection, and prevention.
- Familiar with agile processes/scrum and TDD, and continuous delivery.
- Experience in operating highly available and critical environments.
- Knowledge of Kubernetes and Azure AKS, Data Factory & Databricks.
- Experience writing and speaking about technical concepts to business, technical, and lay audiences.
- Demonstrable track record of dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering results in a dynamic environment.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree in Information Technology or related field.
- 5 years of experience in a DevOps position.
- 4 years of experience in the administration of enterprise-grade Azure infrastructures.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
Primary Location : Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Other Locations : Canada-Nova Scotia-Dartmouth, Canada-Manitoba-Winnipeg, Canada-Alberta-Calgary, Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver, Canada-Ontario-Ottawa, Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Organization : BC-1299 Innovation-Digital Solutions-Canada
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Apr 10, 2023, 4:21:26 PM
Req ID: 230001MH
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans