City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5H4A6
Category : Computer Software Engineer, Applications
Industry : Financial Services/Banking
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 188020
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Software Engineer role is a key leadership position within Global Equity Derivatives technology, responsible for servicing top revenue generating equity derivatives units worldwide (NY/TOR/LON/LATAM). Ideal candidate will have worked in financial industry, deploying in-house & vendor platforms on to public cloud, managed devops team, and directly supported Trading/FO users within capital markets.
- Successful candidate will be responsible for directly supporting Equity Derivatives sales and trading units across geographies and ensures equity derivatives platform availability.
- Work with business and technology stakeholders to create a multi-year roadmap for cloud deployments, and end-to-end system integrations.
- Responsible for Devops team - managing, tracking, resolving and communicating production backlog & priority to stakeholders and reducing production incidents and system downtime.
- Responsible for platform management, monitoring and alerting end-users on system issues, meeting agreed SLAs, and complying with data storage and archival policies.
- Maintain system statuses, and complying with regional regulatory requirements for production systems – Release/Incident managements/disaster-recovery etc.
- Responsible for creating availability matrix for real-time platform, and monitoring.
- Work with Enterprise teams to understand security postures, vulnerability management, infrastructure provisioning - database/network, and application log management.
- Create documentation/Confluence pages covering architecture, release notes, security and operational readiness.
- Work with PMO to forecast infra, license and other operational cost.
- Candidate must have a minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience in supporting Front-office trading and sales teams across worldwide, deploying and maintaining large scale applications with complex integration, and have cloud-based deployment experience.
- Key skills – Capital market support, preferably in equity derivatives and notes and have worked on Azure Cloud, Linux, K8, any provisioning tools, Shell, Python, NoSQL.
- 2+ years of experience supporting public cloud hosted vendor SaaS Platforms.
- 2+ years of experience in automating deployment process and working with CI/CD tools.
- 4+ years of experience with monitoring tools – Grafana/Prometheus, ELK stack etc.
- The role requires leadership skills, hands-on technical experience, and a can-do approach towards environment automation / management and continuous improvement for efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills are essential
- Resolve complex infrastructure and application deployment issues.
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always available service.
- Proficient with source code versioning tools (Git) and build tools (Gradle).
What's in it for you?
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create best customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- Dress codes don't apply here, being comfortable does
- Onsite cafeteria
- We offer a competitive total rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), generous vacation, personal & sick days, personal development funding, maternity leave top-up, parental leave and much more.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.