Site Administrative Assistant
City : Kitimat, British Columbia
Category : See posting on Fluor site
Industry : Engineering
Employer : Fluor Canada
Fluor is one of Canada's top employers and recognized globally as a leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Fabrication, and Maintenance industry. Our focus on innovation and providing cost effective technology based solutions to address our client's needs is second to none. As we look to the future, we need creative, ambitious, and innovative professionals who can help us achieve our goals.
Fluor team members are at the core of Fluor’s successes and instrumental in executing projects safely, smartly and with the highest quality. If you value teamwork, empowerment in your career and are eager to champion Fluor’s project execution, this opportunity just may be for you!
The Site Administrative Assistant reports directly to the Office Manager as part of a larger Site Administration Team. Responsible for all administrative functions which support the Construction Operations with minimum supervision.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES/FUNCTIONS:
• Works closely with the Office Manager and Construction Management personnel handling any and all administrative responsibilities as assigned.
• Consistent utilization of commonly used computer software including excel, word, and outlook.
• Utilization of proprietary software will be required. Training to be provided. (Coreworx and Metastorm).
• Coordinates and organizes department or project meetings and celebrations (introductions, coordinating visitors, booking meeting rooms, and catering management).
• Administers and maintains highly confidential and specialized information and records.
• Exercises an in depth understanding of organizational policies, procedures, and operations.
• Composes, answers and signs correspondence as required, as well as provides support in checking voicemails, taking messages, and answering the telephone.
• Distribute, sort, read and annotate incoming mail and documents, attaching the appropriate files to facilitate necessary action.
• Schedules appointments and coordinates the interface with other company organizations, clients, and external groups.
• Establishes and maintains required department/project files.
• Research, abstracts information and supporting data in preparation for meetings, work/special projects, reports, and presentations.
• Orders and maintains supplies and equipment for departments/project.
• Studies management methods in order to improve workflow and implement cost reductions.
• Coordination of office space allocations, including phones and computers for department project personnel. This includes updating seating plan drawings.
• Calendar management: actively manages calendars, meetings, appointments, and teleconferences.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Site office working conditions.
• Generally favorable indoor office workspace.