City : British Columbia
Category : Other
Industry : Real estate and rental and leasing
Employer : BC Housing
- Valid 4th Class Certificate
To operate and maintain a central heating plant and related equipment and monitor heating and air-conditioning systems for various buildings.
The successful candidate will have the following:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Operates and maintains a heating plant safely and efficiently:
- Operates and maintains machinery and equipment such as condensate polisher, chemical pumps, emergency generators and air compressors;
- Monitors all pressure gauges and water levels to ensure the safe and efficient operation of the power plant;
- Records boiler activity and logs changes to equipment;
- Performs tests for boiler water and condensate water and applies chemicals as required;
- Monitors fire and security systems and responds to alarms;
- Maintains, monitors and adjusts HVAC, Client Comfort Systems and Energy Management Control Systems for various buildings.
2. Other related duties:
- Prepares and prioritizes maintenance schedules;
- Maintains the cleanliness of boiler plant;
- Provides input into budget process by recommending purchases.