Senior Water Resources Engineer
City : ST. JOHN'S
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Senior Water Resources Engineer - ( 2200045H )
Many of the world’s top engineers and scientists come together in our Water business because they view a community’s interaction with water a bit differently—as a single holistic system, rather than unconnected networks divided by jurisdictional boundaries. Working throughout the hydrologic cycle, we are delivering sustainable solutions to make sure water is where it should be and available when needed. Our experts guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. Every day, we help communities improve, reuse, and protect this precious resource for future generations. By 2025 we’re hiring 2,000 people (like you) to join our team. Grow with us, H2O+U.
An opportunity exists for a senior hydrologic/hydraulic modeller who has a passion for wastewater and stormwater collection and/or potable water distribution systems. We are seeking an enthusiastic, self-motivated, detail oriented, team player that is excited about taking on a new challenge. If you are interested in leading urban water resources work, this is an exceptional opportunity to bring your capability to the Water Group and join a highly regarded and professional team.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Lead junior and intermediate modelers and participate in a wide variety of urban water resources projects, from planning and conceptual design through detailed design, implementation, and operational support.
- Prepare and/or oversee the preparation of technical reports and design briefs.
- Coordinate with engineers, technical staff and/or multidisciplinary team members to ensure that the projects’ needs are met in a timely and effective manner.
- Coach and train junior staff.
- Oversee/review the development of surface drainage, sewer collection, and water distribution system hydrologic/hydraulic models
- Assess performance, investigate deficiencies, and generate/evaluate feasible remedial solutions.
- Plan, commission, manage, undertake field investigations in support of hydraulic model builds and conceptual/functional designs.
- Communicate results/interpretations via technical reporting and presentations.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Sound understanding of water and environmental related principles and engineering concepts, including hydraulics and hydrology.
- Commitment to client satisfaction and the delivery of high-quality work products.
- Advanced capability and direct experience with industry standard hydraulic/hydrologic tools/models, such as InfoWorks CS/ICM (1D and 2D), InfoSWMM, InfoWater, WaterGems, and/or PCSWMM.
- Experience analyzing and interpreting data and hydraulic model results (i.e., data management).
- Experience working with ArcGIS to present and facilitate interpretation of results is preferred.
- Highly skilled in common desktop packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Teams, Project, etc.).
- Experience authoring technical reports.
- Experience leading, teaching, coaching, and mentoring junior modellers.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Strong foundation in developing/calibrating and interpreting hydraulic/hydrologic models.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in civil, water resources, or environmental engineering.
- Registered, or eligible for registration, as a Professional Engineer in Canada.
- 10 years or demonstrated equivalent relatable experience.
Our team collaborates on projects coast to coast in Canada and across North America. We are a high-performing, collaborative team that successfully delivers projects to a range of clients. As part of the Urban Water Resources Water Delivery Team, you will be an important contributor to helping our clients manage their existing collection (sanitary, stormwater, and combined) and water distribution systems. You will also be relied on for expert level guidance to our various offices across the company.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best!
Primary Location : Canada-Newfoundland and Labrador-St. John's
Organization : BC-1269 Water-Delivery-Canada
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Jan 16, 2023, 9:57:46 AM
Req ID: 2200045H
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans