Senior Technical Solutions Expert
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5H1H1
Category : IT Business Analysts
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 187852
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Global Banking and Markets Engineering (GBME) is the fast-moving, award-winning technology engine that powers Scotiabank’s Corporate, Investment Banking and Capital Markets businesses.
GBME is searching for a Senior Technical Solutions Expert who is a continuous learner and eager to boost capabilities of capital markets products and analytics platforms.
The successful candidate will have a strong technical and engineering mindset. You will work closely with business teams and cross functional engineering leaders to develop and implement market leading solutions for the various projects within GBME.
About the Job
Do you thrive when faced with challenges? Like using fresh technologies to solve problems? Looking to work in various projects across the organization, collaborating with great teams and inspiring leaders? Then this is the right team for you! In this exciting role, you’ll apply your analytical skills to design and develop applications that deliver excellence, effectiveness, and value to our business partners and customers.
In partnership with peer engineers, business partners, and the various GBME teams, you will:
- Conduct technical analysis of business needs (trading, back-office, regulatory, etc.) resulting in the creation of technical specifications
- Participating/or Lead in scrum session with team on a daily basis
- Work closely with developers and architecture teams in the formulation of an application development build by relating workflows to design
- Support, liaison, and gather requirements from senior Institutional Equities and Global Wholesale Operations stakeholders and clearly articulate business requirements and solutions
- Assist in resolving complex problems to meet the technology needs of the Global Banking & Markets teams, by applying your business and technological knowledge to perform analysis, reconciliations, defining user requirements, design, and implementation of system enhancements/solutions.
- Research, formulate, and perform data-driven analytics using SQL, Kafka, Elastic Search, Postman, and Kibana.
- Work with engineering partners, business teams, and stakeholders to conduct data mapping, data analysis, order and trade data mapping from federated systems
- Test, validate, and deploy solutions to the production environment using a full SDLC cycle
- Create artifacts required for development (requirement documents, specifications, work flow diagrams, etc.)
- Work with raw data from developers to reroute data to different topics within Kafka
- Hands-on management of meetings, status reports, reporting to steering committees and working groups
- Build relationships and work with key stakeholders to deliver value-added solutions quickly.
- Produce conceptual interface designs through iterative wireframes, mock-ups, user flows, and conceptual diagrams and provide detailed specifications to the development team
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, perform under pressure, and change priorities as needed.
- Conduct a cost-benefit analysis (to help determine proper design)
- As part of a GBME cross function team, deliver and enhance new and current solutions and applications
- Improve the end user experience by finding scalable solutions and addressing complex ad hoc queries.
- Effectively communicate with technical and non-technical audiences
- Coach and train end users (as needed).
You are passionate about developing applications that are reusable, efficient, and scalable, working in an innovated cross functional team environment.
- Strong understanding of FIX Protocol and the ability to relate/map data to specific Backoffice booking workflow
- 8+ years’ experience in a relevant capacity as a Technical/Business Systems Analyst
- 5+ years' experience within Institutional Equities with exposure to trade lifecycle, booking securities to Broadridge, reconciliations, vendor management, equities post-trade processes
- Strong skills in data analysis, data mapping, data publication/consumption, and business requirements relating to FIX, Kafka, and Elastic Search.
- Strong data-driven analysis knowledge, SQL Elastic Search), ability to write queries
- Knowledge/experience with reporting tools/platforms such as Kibana, Excel Macros/Pivots, and other similar tools.
- Documentation skills (ability to produce conceptual interface designs through iterative wireframes, mock-ups, user flows, conceptual diagrams, and provide detailed specifications to the development team)
- Experience working with NiFi or other ETL tools to understand how flows work
- Vendor application and federated trading platforms experience with products such as Fidessa, Bloomberg, etc.
- Ability to work with third-party APIs, Postman, and other API/data tools.
- Prior experience with Jira, Confluence, and ServiceNow.
- Business Objects, Power BI
Best vs Average: Institutional Equities and Listed Derivatives (experience and business acumen is prioritized over technical skills. Ideal candidate would have in-depth data-driven analysis experience and the ability to communicate with stakeholders clearly and concisely. A candidate with previous Scotia experience within Institutional Equities and/or Derivatives or middle office reconciliation experience would be able to adapt to the role quickest. Experience with the full lifecycle is valuable (front/middle/back office)
Degrees or certifications:
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering, or a related field required
- Financial education (relevant courses, CSC, CFA…) will be considered an asset.
What's in it for you?
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Allyship - We strive to create an inclusive culture where every employee is empowered to reach their fullest potential, respected for who they are, and are embraced through bias-free practices and inclusive values across Scotiabank. We embrace diversity and provide opportunities for all employee to learn, grow & participate through our various Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) that span across diverse gender identities, ethnicity, race, age, ability & veterans.
- Accessibility and Workplace Accommodations - We value the unique skills and experiences everyone brings to the Bank and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Scotiabank continues to locate, remove, and prevent barriers so that we can build a diverse and inclusive environment while meeting accessibility requirements.
- Remote-friendly work environment will provide you with the flexibility to perform at your best.
- Upskilling through online courses, cross-functional development opportunities, and tuition assistance.
- Competitive Rewards program including bonus, flexible vacation, personal, sick days and benefits will start on day one.
- Community Engagement - no matter where you choose to work from; we offer opportunities for community engagement & belonging with our various programs such as hackathons, contests, cooking with friends, Humans of Digital and much more!
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.