Senior Structural Technologist
City : VICTORIA
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Senior Structural Technologist - ( 2300055K )
Stantec Buildings is on a mission to become the world’s leading integrated design practice. Our architects, engineers, interior designers, sustainability specialists, and technologists are passionate about the power of design. We take an innovative, collaborative approach to projects, sharing a common belief that sustainable design for the built environment can make the world a better place for future generations. Join us and design your place with Stantec.
An opportunity exists in our Victoria office for a senior level Structural Designer / Technologist to become part of a dynamic group providing professional services to our clients in the Buildings-Industrial sector. You will work as part of a team, and will be responsible for production of technical drawings, from initial planning to design and construction for commercial, industrial, and institutional public and private facilities, using REVIT and AutoCAD.
The ideal candidate will have a principal understanding of structural engineering concepts and systems, have solid technical abilities, be a skilled problem solver with attention to detail, and strong communication skills. You must have successfully completed a related engineering diploma program from an accredited post-secondary institution.
The individual will be a self-starter and expected to work independently on projects as a member of an interdisciplinary design team.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Lead the production team to prepare contract drawings, details, and sketches from conceptual design, through tender to construction documents
- Producing aspects of structural design and drawings in REVIT or AutoCAD
- Organizing and maintaining a design and REVIT digital file database for each project
- Facilitating and ensuring the quality of the drawings and graphic work produced for the team
- Communicating with other team members during the REVIT model production
- Understanding REVIT file structures and modifications to files for exchanges with other team members
- Creating and understanding custom blocks (Families) using REVIT software
- Ensure REVIT and AutoCAD standards, quality assurance and quality control procedures are followed during drawing planning and production
- Coordinate project with client and multidisciplinary design team
- Work to meet project timelines
- Keep up to date on new products, technologies, design processes and drafting techniques
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Well experienced and knowledgeable with recent and current versions of AutoCAD, and REVIT
- Strong attention to detail and experience with structural steel and concrete detailing is essential
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a “team player” approach to design and problem solving
- Ability to work within a team, sharing workloads to meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office products
Education and Experience
- Diploma from a recognized a civil engineering technology program
- At least 10 years of experience using REVIT and AutoCAD in the preparation, drafting, and detailing of engineering drawings for a variety of structures including structural steel, concrete and masonry framed systems
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Pay transparency laws require employers to provide the following information for positions that may be in the following jurisdiction(s):
- $76,600 - $111,100 Min/Max Pay Range for postings located in BC
The final agreed upon compensation is based on individual education, qualifications, experience, and work location. At Stantec certain roles are bonus eligible.
Benefits Summary: Regular full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Primary Location : Canada-British Columbia-Victoria
Organization : BC-1156 Buildings-CA British Columbia
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Dec 27, 2023, 9:44:17 AM
Req ID: 2300055K
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans