Senior Software Engineer
City : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Category : Technology | Analytics | Research
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is the opportunity?
RBC Royal Bank is seeking a senior software engineer for our US Cash Management Technology. This is a green field project to build a brand-new system to serve our corporate clients. You will be heavily involved in shaping the future technology landscape of RBC, by delivering key business values for a transformational project in our Banking Technology while implementing strategic components servicing across all RBC functions defined in our roadmap.
What will you do?
- Designing and coding application programs; performing testing for developed applications.
- Reviewing, analyzing, and modifying programming systems, including encoding, testing, debugging and installing for a large-scale system.
- Ensuring the operating efficiency of existing application systems. Maintaining records for the documentation of systems development and revisions.
- Conducting analyses of organizational needs and goals for the development and implementation of application systems.
What do you need to succeed?
- 3-5 years experience in Java/Spring Boot API and Microservice development
- Hands-on Integration technology and frameworks such as Apache Camel, Kafka, MQ, JMS and Spring Integration.
- In-depth understanding of relational database (PostgreSQL, Oracle, for example) and/or document database (MongoDB), Data modelling, data query (SQL,, e.g.) and ETL.
- Experience with design and implementing large scale system integrations that are time sensitive and mission critical
- Familiarity with Container concept, architecture, tools and framework, hands on experience preferred
- Understanding and experience with one commercial cloud solutions such as Azure (preferred), GCP, AWS
- Knowledge and experience with DevOPS/CICD pipelines and tools such as JIRA, Github, Jenkins, UCD
- Agile methodology such as Scrum, SAFe and Kanban
What's in It for You?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Positive work culture emphasizing diversity and inclusion, volunteerism and community involvement
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including great benefits, annual incentive program and recognition
- Leaders who support your development
- A dynamic, collaborative, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work and grow your career
- Work-life integration
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.