Senior Software Engineer
City : Vancouver
Category : See Posting
Industry : Technology
Employer : Microsoft
Intelligent Conversation & Communications Cloud (IC3) is an org within the Microsoft 365 (M365) portfolio of products. IC3 powers billions of conversations across Microsoft Teams and other clients. It enables reliable, high quality audio/video calling, meeting, and messaging services across a wide variety of end points.
Inside of IC3, we are the group providing all the services that power Calling and PSTN workloads. Millions of customers around the globe rely 24/7, on the services that we build for running their core businesses. Powering all of this takes a set of well architected, globally distributed, highly scalable services and applications. Our group is responsible for building and growing these services.
We are looking for a candidate who is passionate about building high quality reliable Cloud Service features. As an engineer in our team, you’ll be working on changes to one or more services to meet the growing needs of Microsoft first party and third party solutions.
In this role you will work on projects with some of the following attributes:
- Build highly scalable cloud based micro-services using technologies and languages such as C#, Azure, .NET
- Provide Highly scalable Location Services that power scenarios like Dynamic Emergency Calling, Hybrid Work scenarios in Microsoft Teams and Azure Communication Services
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or Engineering OR equivalent years of work experience.
- 7+ years hands on experience in software development using C#/Java etc.
- 1+ years experience as Technical Lead.
- Strong analytical and problem solving and organizational skills
- Experience working on large scale cloud applications
- Excellent cross group collaboration, negotiation and communication skills
- Ability to deal with the ambiguity associated with working in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Ability to communicate technical details clearly across organizational boundaries.
- Experience in DevOps to maintain live services andor application frameworks.
- Cloud and services experience, with Azure cloud experience highly desirable.
- Excellent analytical skills with systematic and structured approach to software design
- Passion for building highly scalable, highly reliable services
- Experience with or exposure to Agile and iterative development processes.
- Growth Mindset with a desire to learn, a tendency to embrace challenges, persist in the face of setback, see failures as essential to mastery, learn from criticism and find lessons and inspiration in the success of others.
- Help to create a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can bring their full and authentic self, where all voices are heard, and where we do our best work as a result.
- Confident and articulate in expressing ideas to a mixed audience with varying views and challenges.
- A sense of personal ownership and accountability is required, together with the ability to deliver to deadlines while managing internal stakeholder expectations.
- Self-motivated with a strong drive for reaching across teams and organizations to make progress collaboratively.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.