Senior Software Developer
City : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Category : Technology | Analytics | Research
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
RAMPP (Risk, Analytics, Modelling, Pricing and Processing) Team is undertaking multiple initiatives; to not only transform Front Office Risk and Analytics and Capital platforms, but to change the way we create and deliver software internally. The role will expect not only top-shelf development skills, but for the candidate to be an advocate in the push towards better software practices, and better outcomes. In this role you will be part of a large and global team, and able to tap into a very diverse skill set – but also expected to contribute to that ever-improving knowledgebase. The expectation for this role isn’t simply to deliver software, but to help the team deliver both new and existing software with testability, clarity of design, resiliency and scalability.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Work with a large, global team of developers in the design and build of a next generation valuation and risk infrastructure for RBC Capital Markets.
- Work closely with both quants and traders in defining requirements, aligning deliverables, and continually refining code for quality.
- Contribute support and knowledge towards a transition to better devops tools, practices, and metrics.
- Continuously identify potential issues, conflicts, and risks. Analyze, mitigate and escalate as appropriate.
- Establish strong working relationships across business and functional units and platforms to build influence and impact with key business partners.
- Collaborate with groups to ensure to define and achieve deliverables and ensure initiatives are effectively integrated into RBC procedures and processes.
- Contribute to ongoing administrative program activities as required.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED?
- 7+ years of Strong programming experience in modern C++, SQL, Python.
- Previous Capital Markets or FinTech experience.
- Passion for technology and large-scale software design.
- Dedication to high-quality, clear, and well-tested code.
- Deadline-driven, detailed and results-oriented; able to meet consistently high-quality standard while handling a variety of tasks and deadlines simultaneously. Strong interpersonal skills.
- Undergraduate degree or higher.
- Experience in Risk Systems and / or Pricing Model Integration.
- Experience in the development of resilient distributed systems.
- Experience in working with large amounts of data.
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to do challenging work
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.