Senior Software Developer
City : CALGARY, Alberta, Canada
Category : Technology | Analytics | Research
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is the opportunity?
At this role, you’ll contribute broadly to our engineering efforts across RBC Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) innovative product suites. You’d be responsible for designing, building, and managing various platforms to support business processes, toil reduction, and new technology development focused on creative engineering solutions to operations problems. For example, optimizing existing systems to reduce toil and building new tools to implement the measure prescribed through collaboration with Senior SRE leaders. You'll be part of a team specifically built to meet and exceed corporate technology needs while complying with SRE best practices.
What will you do?
- Work as a member of the team to build complex, and highly visible solutions in support of multiple SRE oriented projects.
- Build and maintain SRE partnership across multiple lines of business.
- Engineer end-to-end solutions for both on-prem and cloud infrastructure
- Build and support platforms and applications that enables RBC SRE vision.
- Build and utilize automation platforms to reduce toil and provide self-serve capabilities to teams.
What do you need to succeed?
- Extensive experience in analyzing, developing, and managing enterprise level application. Go or Python preferred.
- Excellent working knowledge of relational databases in PostgreSQL, MySQL or MSSQL
- Extensive experience working with Data APIs (Working with REST endpoints and/or SOAP)
- Advanced proficiency with application-supporting network protocols and services (TCP/IP, DNS, load balancing, SSL and certificates)
- Experience in working with number of public and private cloud platforms like AWS, Azure, and OpenShift.
- Familiarity with cloud-based applications and CI/CD pipelines
Nice to Have
- Frontend experience building applications in React (Bonus for React Native)
- Experience managing infrastructure, ideally through IaC
- Experience in building and running cloud workloads.
RBC is committed to supporting flexible work arrangements when and where available. Details to be discussed with Hiring Manager.
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable.
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to do challenging work.
- Access to a variety of job opportunities across business and geographies
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.