Senior Software Developer
City : Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago
Category : Technology | Analytics | Research
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is the opportunity?
In the role of Senior Software Developer, you will partner across IT and Business to assess, research, and analyze business, technical and system needs in order to resolve business systems issues by recommending technology solutions that meet sponsor/stakeholder requirements. The Senior Software Developer will also code/develop systems and provide SME (Subject Matter Expertise) for systems under their stewardship.
What will you do?
- Work with project teams to determine best mix of development and interfacing applications to meet business requirements and project objectives. Contribute to successful project completion by identifying risks and developing and/or recommending mitigation strategies
- Create detailed plans and accurate estimates for completion of build, system testing and implementation phases of project. Prepare activity records and operating manual documentation. Ensure thorough technical documentation in respect of test plans and all documentation required as part of the systems development life cycle (SDLC) process
- Develop, code, document and execute programs of up to difficult complexity. Conduct unit, and systems testing or work alongside project teams to review and approve depending on the complexity of the project or the number of development staff on the project
- Manage joint development/testing, and plan and co-ordinate implementations. Perform performance tuning to improve performance over multiple functions. Coordinate testing with external vendors, as/if required
What do you need to succeed?
- 3 to 5 years’ experience working in an application development environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information technology, or related discipline; or equivalent experience in programming disciplines.
- Strong systems knowledge including knowledge of different programming languages, IT standards, methodologies, capability maturity model (CMM), audit requirements, and middleware technologies.
- Working knowledge of web-based application architectures and frameworks (including Angular) and the way they integrate with services
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools - Jenkins, GitHub, UrbanCode, Automated Testing tools.
- Process knowledge including different testing tools, design techniques and tools, risk assessment and quantification methodologies
- Knowledge of Cloud Technologies and Platforms (OpenShift, AWS, Azure)
- Previous experience working in an Agile development team
- Knowledge of/experience working with Oracle’s PeopleSoft / PeopleTools
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Access to world-class training
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.