Senior Project Manager
City : British Columbia
Category : Other
Industry : Real estate and rental and leasing
Employer : BC Housing
SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER:
($111,160 - $130,776 Annually)
Reporting to the Vice President, Strategic Business Operations & Performance, the Senior Project Manager will lead a team of project management staff to execute a portfolio of business change projects in the Commission’s Transformation Program Office. The scope of the Transformation Program is broad, cross functional and across all levels of the organization. He/She/They will provide project management leadership and expertise for the Transformation Program, managing all projects throughout the project lifecycle. The incumbent will manage risk, oversee governance and drive opportunities for organizational change. The position will also ensure that project deliverables and goals are met in terms of resource efficiency, quality, time and cost.
The successful candidate will have the following:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in business management, project management or other relevant field.
Project Management Professional (PMP) designation or other project management certification is required.
Extensive progressive experience in project management roles, including leading multiple projects and delivering large scale transformational changes.
Or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience acceptable to the Employer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Extensive knowledge on requirements of transformational change projects
- Extensive knowledge of project management principles, methodologies and tools
- Excellent analytical thinking and problem-solving skills, including identification of issues/risks and generating creative solutions
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, including the ability to communicate to a range of audiences.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and relevant software
- Ability to convey a compelling and engaging vision of change
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects from idea to execution
- Ability to drive cultural and organizational change
- Ability to build internal partnerships and foster collaboration between all project stakeholders
- Ability to recommend strategies that fit the culture and BC Housing business model
- Ability to manage budgets, resources, and stakeholders to successfully deliver within scope and timelines
- Ability to apply an intersectional approach to work analyses, including use of a Gender-Based Analysis Plus tool and applying principles of equity, diversity, inclusion and belonging
- Ability to identify and implement effective systems to monitor performance
- Ability to prepare reports and presentations to ensure clear and effective communications
- Ability to establish a high level of rapport with staff, management, Executives, and other stakeholders
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, and demonstrate tact and diplomacy in dealing with confidential and sensitive matters
- Ability to identify weaknesses and conflicts in policies and procedures
- Ability to lead, coach and motivate staff
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional groups to achieve common goals
- Ability to travel and arrange suitable transportation to various sites across the province