Senior Product Manager
City : Mississauga, ON
Category : See posting
Industry : Financial Services
Employer : Symcor
Symcor enables secure data exchanges and supporting business processes, to help clients succeed in an evolving digital world. Trusted by Canada's largest institutions for over 25 years to support their digital transformations, Symcor aligns industry participants to solve common challenges in the most effective and efficient way.
For more information, visit www.symcor.ca
As the Senior Product Manager in Symcor’s COR.IQ / Digital Security Services team, you will be responsible for managing Symcor’s process and products in our powerful payments and fraud-fighting network. You will lead the end-to-end product lifecycle with a focus on product strategy and execution.
You will partner with product, technology, and functional colleagues to deploy agile frameworks for development of industry leading opportunities. You will strategize your products with internal partners and external eco-system.
This role is truly hybrid and doesn’t require any mandatory in office days, but we request that the applicant be able to travel to the site for company and team events.
About The Role:
• Lead the development of product strategy(ies) and roadmaps aligned with Symcor's objectives for market success.
• Clearly articulate product and go-to-market strategies using a proven product management framework.
• Conduct market research to identify customer needs and evaluate current product strengths and weaknesses.
• Develop a 5-year roadmap for new products and enhancements, adjusting based on market trends.
• Serve as an internal and external evangelist for assigned products, collaborating with sales and clients.
• Lead product roadmap planning, execution, and recommend pricing for approval.
• Support product launches, client onboarding, and internal education sessions.
• Collaborate with internal teams to refine value propositions, pricing, and manage customizations.
• Monitor and analyze product performance, trends, and profitability, proposing enhancements or modifications.
• Oversee the Product team, providing guidance, coaching, and development opportunities.
• Foster a culture of high performance and collaboration, aligned with company values.
• Engage with finance to ensure accurate financial reporting on revenue and budget forecasts.
• Communicate profitability targets and performance for the assigned product portfolio.
• Work with other departments to enhance product profitability, proposing discontinuation plans if necessary.
• Drive a customer-centric approach, continuously evaluating product-market fit and identifying opportunities for improvement.
What You Need To Succeed:
• University Degree in Business, Marketing or related field (or equivalent in relevant work experience) required.
• MBA or master’s degree preferred
• 5+ years of related experience in digital product management or technical solutions
• Exposure to leading and influencing stakeholders
• Demonstrated ability to problem solve and push solutions
• Experience within the Payments and/or VerificationSpace is preferred
• Problem domain excellence: Ability to uncover, understand and passionately communicate all aspects of the problem area
• Strategic mindset: Ability to dive deep into complex details and connect-the-dots to get to a solution that can be potentially commercialized
• Product Management: End-to-end product lifecycle and management
• Leadership skills: Excellent impact and influence skills with written and verbal communication
• Research expertise: In-depth expertise in conducting market research (products and features), customer interviews, pricing strategies etc.
• Domain expertise: Banking, Financial services, Fintech background preferred
• Advanced proficiency PowerPoint
What’s In It For You
At Symcor, we define our success by what we help others achieve. We were created to support our clients and, through our products, services, and solutions, protect and strengthen their brands. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
• A comprehensive Total Rewards Program that includes a competitive compensation package, flexible benefits and time away options, retirement and savings plans and a commitment to your overall health and well-being through our myWell-being program.
• Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities.
• Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
• Opportunities to do challenging work and progressively take on greater accountabilities for growth.
• We foster an inclusive atmosphere of One Symcor with our philosophy of +1 Unique You®, we harness each employee’s uniqueness, different skills, backgrounds, and perspectives to contribute to mutual success. It is the diversity of our people and the inclusive environment that has been and will always be key to Symcor’s success.
Symcor is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. Upon request, we will provide accommodation for candidates.