Senior Piping Design Lead
City : Vancouver, British Columbia
Category : See posting on Fluor site
Industry : Engineering
Employer : Fluor Canada
Fluor’s Mining and Metals Business line provides these engineering services to the mining industry globally with a focus on the engineering, procurement, and construction of processing and infrastructure facilities associated with the recovery of metals and minerals.
This position is responsible for working within Fluor’s environment utilizing Fluor’s standards and procedures to design safe and efficient layouts in a 2D and 3D CAD software platforms. The candidate will be expected to understand detailed engineering drawings and flow sheets from both clients and vendors, and work closely with other disciplines to design various areas related to Mining and Metals. The ideal candidate will have experience with all phases of a project from Scoping Study to Detailed Design, and will know what level of detail is required for each phase.
The candidate will need to be a strong communicator and have a solid understanding of the value to work in a team environment.
Day to day activities and responsibilities include:
• Prepare 3D layouts and/or schematics for conceptual and detailed designs of advanced complexity in 2D Computer Aided Design (CAD) drawings;
• Create 3D models in Intergraph Smartplant environment;
• Participate in model review sessions;
• Review drawings and vendor equipment documentation of moderate to advanced complexity within the discipline and from other disciplines for compliance with project requirements, and actively seek discrepancy resolution;
• Assign work to and check work done by other designers;
• Incorporate health, safety, and environmental factors in design;
• Analyze and make independent recommendations regarding solutions to problems with varying complexity in accordance with organization and/or project objectives and guidelines;
• Organize and prioritize a variety of projects and multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner, set priorities, and meet deadlines;
• Adhere to industry codes and standards as well as department practices and procedures;
• Other duties as assigned