Senior Network Analyst
City : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Category : Technology | Analytics | Research
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
As a Senior Network Analyst, you will provide consistent levels of organizational and technical expertise necessary for the successful implementation, maintenance and support of the critical network and security infrastructure services across all global RBC Intranet (Core, LAN/WAN, Server Farm), Internet (Surfing, E-commerce), and Extranet environments. The primary responsibilities of this role is to provide advanced level technical support for troubleshooting, and implementing configuration changes across a variety of technology platforms. You will be regularly working with clients, business partners, escalation teams (implementation/engineering), and vendors to resolve incidents/problems, perform root cause analysis, and deliver infrastructure changes across the global RBC Enterprise (North & South America, Caribbean, Europe, Asia-Pacific).
What is the opportunity?
As a Senior Network Systems Analyst you will provide consistent levels of organizational and technical expertise necessary for the successful implementation, maintenance and support of the critical network and security infrastructure services across all global RBC Intranet (Core, LAN/WAN, Server Farm), Internet (Surfing, E-commerce), and Extranet environments. The primary responsibilities of this role is to provide advanced level technical support for troubleshooting, and implementing configuration changes across a variety of vendor platforms. You will be regularly working with clients, business partners, escalation teams (implementation/engineering), and vendors to resolve incidents/problems, perform root cause analysis, and deliver infrastructure changes across the global RBC Enterprise (North & South America, Caribbean, Europe, Asia-Pacific).
What will you do?
- Responding to network event and incident escalations from the first-level support Service Desk, internal/external clients and business partners
- Performing root cause analysis with vendor engineers and escalation teams for major incidents and recurring problems, and implementing permanent solutions
- Managing the team's ServiceNow incident/problem/change ticket queues in accordance to established SLAs
- Execution of network and security infrastructure configuration changes across the global enterprise
- Performing audits for consistency in Network Management Systems, documentation, and configuration
- Creating/improving support documentation and ensuring shift reports are documented and kept up-to-date for major network-related outages
- Participate in 24 x 7 on-call rotational shifts including evening and night shifts.
- Participating in meetings and training sessions to review and understand new technology and service deployments
What do you need to succeed?
- Excellent understanding of TCP/IP, including packet inspection/protocol analysis using packet analyzers for troubleshooting is highly desired
- Solid understanding and troubleshooting capability of L2/L3 protocols (ARP, HSRP, VRRP, STP, BGP, VRF, OSPF, VPC) in a Cisco environment
- Good understanding of application protocols such as DNS, DHCP, HTTP, FTP, TLS, etc.
- Knowledge of security concepts such as NAT/PAT, IPSEC, SSL, DDoS, IP Spoofing etc.
- Excellent understanding of the OSI model
- Experience working with the following network and security appliances/vendors:
- Load balancers (F5 LTM/GTM, Citrix Netscaler),
- Firewalls (Nokia Check Point, Palo Alto)
- Cisco IOS & NX-OS based routers & switches
- Working knowledge of Arista, Cisco ONS 15454, Symantec ProxySG/SSLV, FireEye MPS, Arbor Pravail, Cisco Firepower IDS, Infoblox, Neustar, Cisco ACI. Ciena Optical, Juniper Pulse Secure, Fortinet FortiGate, Akamai CDN is considered an asset
Nice to Have
- Sound understanding and working knowledge of Cisco UCS, FCoE, VSAN, VDC, vPC, VXLAN, OTV, Cisco ACI, VMware is considered an asset
- College diploma or University degree related to Information Technology, with a focus on Telecommunications
- CCNP R&S/DC certification or equivalent level of knowledge
- Fluency in programming languages and automation tools (Python, Ansible, etc.) is considered an asset
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
- Opportunities to building close relationships with clients
- Access to a variety of job opportunities across business and geographies
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.