Senior Manager, Finance Transformation
City : Calgary
Category : Finance
Industry : Finance
Employer : KPMG
You’ve got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we’re committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you’ll be one of over 227,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 146 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there’s no limit to the impact you can make. Let’s do this.
KPMG’s Finance Transformation Advisory Practice helps organizations maximize efficiencies and drive business value across the organization. The Finance function is evolving to become a business partner that supports, provides insights and challenges the business, creating value by improving the quality of decisions and ensuring that a chosen business strategy delivers the highest financial value at an acceptable level of risk. The question we, as KPMG, want to answer is “What can we do to improve what finance brings to the organization?”
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Manager interested in fostering a highly visible presence in the business community in Calgary to join KPMG’s Finance Transformation advisory team. This role will be responsible for leveraging existing capabilities within the Management Consulting group and helping drive expansion opportunities.
This role is based out of Calgary. It is expected that the candidate be within a commutable distance of this city or be open to relocate within a reasonable timeframe
What you will do
Providing a broad range of services involving the finance function, including :
- Managing transformation projects (diagnostics, roadmap and implementation of improvement opportunities
- Improvement of business processes
- Experience one or more of the following end-to-end business process: Source (Procure) to Pay o Quote (Order) to Cash o Acquire to Retire o Project to Result (Project Accounting) o Record to Report o Plan to Perform o Treasury o Initiate to Operate
- Benchmarking and developing performance indicators
- Supporting ERP selection and implementation, automated consolidation solutions or financial and budgetary analyses
- Writing reports in French and English
- Presenting results to clients in French or English
- Assisting with change management for optimization or transformation projects
- Managing resources assigned to a project, along with corresponding budgets
- Helping to identify and develop business relationships and new opportunities with existing clients and future prospects
- Overseeing or participating in the preparation of proposals or presentations for prospective engagements
- Developing in-depth knowledge of KPMG products and services in order to identify client opportunities
- Participating in any technical or industry training on a local or national scale
- Presenting conferences on the future of the Finance function for KPMG staff or clients
- Contributing to performance management and/or mentoring for advisory services personnel in support of our “KPMG for Life” strategic orientation
- Supporting work scheduling program
- Identifying and implementing opportunities to improve the quality and efficiency of our services Participating in and/or conducting internal meetings with advisory services personnel and creating practice administration initiatives
What you bring to the role
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, majoring in accounting, or other accounting training. Accountancy credentials required (CPA, CA or CPA, CMA or CPA, CGA)
- 10 to 15 years of consulting experience, managing finance function transformation or process improvement projects
- Experience in management of systems implementation projects
- Experience in ERP software, including but not limited to: Oracle E-Business Suite, Oracle Cloud, SAP or SAP S/4HANA, Microsoft Dynamics AX or D365, Workday etc.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English
- Strong analytical and synthesis skills as well as the ability to effectively present ideas
- Experience in the Energy and Natural Resources industries is considered an asset
- Highly confident and motivated
- Skill in communicating concepts and serving clients
- Demonstrated ability to plan, execute and successfully carry out projects
- Experience preparing proposals
Our Values, The KPMG Way
Integrity, we do what is right | Excellence, we never stop learning and improving | Courage, we think and act boldly | Together, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.