Senior Land Development Engineer/Project Manager
City : CALGARY
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Senior Land Development Engineer/Project Manager - ( 2300025R )
Strong communities do not just happen—they are built. They are creatively imagined, collaboratively planned, and readied to face tomorrow with optimism. We are driving the future of Community Development. Our experts lead their fields, collaborating on projects that are as technically challenging as they are impactful, creative, and fulfilling. We are a place where you can apply your passion—and find endless opportunities to help make communities more equitable, resilient, and livable.
The role of the Senior Land Development Engineer/Project Manager is to work independently and as a team member on projects of various size and complexity. The selected candidate will be responsible for project delivery, financials, construction oversight in combination with our Field Services group, proposals, and client satisfaction. The projects that a Senior Land Development Engineer/Project Manager may be assigned to may have complex features that will require the application of mature knowledge. This role also leads the analysis of proposed community development projects to ensure timely project delivery, resource efficiency, and cost-effectiveness.
The Stantec Alberta South Community Development group provides services to land developers in the Calgary and southern Alberta. This individual will be responsible for managing the relationships with some of our most valued developer clients, providing exceptional customer service.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Lead and be responsible for the preparation of Subdivision Engineering drawings (residential, industrial and commercial). This may include technical review and professional stamping of engineering design drawings. It also includes the preparation of construction specifications and tender documents. Stamping capabilities are preferred, but not required if the individual exhibits exceptional land development project management experience.
- Provide internal peer review of designs by other land development engineers/technologists.
- Guide projects through to completion including preliminary/conceptual design, detailed design, scheduling, tendering and construction.
- Coordinate designs with stormwater management engineers and incorporate stormwater designs into land development drawings.
- Provide high-level engineering input to Area Structure Plans, Outline Plans and Land Reviews.
- Liaise with clients, agencies and others to obtain and determine project requirements, permits, and approvals.
- Ensure that client needs are met in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Ensure projects meet applicable specifications and standards as per the governing municipality and adhere to Stantec’s QA/QC program.
- Coordinate work of junior land development staff and review their deliverables.
- Be the main client contact on the project(s).
- Be responsible for each project schedule, budget and reporting.
- Participate in expanding our client and project portfolio through proposals and business development opportunities
- Be supported through industry volunteer opportunities (examples could include BILD, ULI, NAIOP, CREW, etc)
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Must have a thorough understanding of land development (including site grading, sanitary and storm sewer servicing, water servicing, shallow utility coordination, road and parking design)
- Must be a self-motivated individual possessing strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must exhibit attention to detail and accuracy
- Must be able to coordinate engineering requirements with planning and landscape architecture requirements
- Must work well in a team environment and have a collaborative approach
- A working knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D is an asset
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering and registered as a Professional Engineer with APEGA is preferred, but not required
- Experience in the City of Calgary and surrounding area is preferred
- A minimum of 10 years of related land development experience is preferred
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time, as well as work in the field. Fieldwork may include remote work, long drives, 2 week shifts away from home, exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
Primary Location : Canada-Alberta-Calgary
Organization : BC-1165 CommDev-CA Alberta South
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : May 17, 2023, 3:21:38 PM
Req ID: 2300025R
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans