Senior Land Development Engineer/Project Manager
City : Mississauga
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Senior Land Development Engineer/Project Manager - ( 230002JC )
Strong communities don’t just happen—they’re built. They’re creatively imagined, collaboratively planned, and readied to face tomorrow with optimism. We’re driving the future of Community Development. Our experts lead their fields, collaborating on projects that are as technically challenging as they are impactful, creative, and fulfilling. We’re a place where you can apply your passion—and find endless opportunities to help make communities more equitable, resilient, and livable.
An opportunity exists in our Markham or Mississauga offices for a Senior Land Development Engineer /Project Manager. As the successful candidate, you will be responsible for the management and coordination of residential, commercial, industrial and institutional development projects varying in status from concept through to construction, as well as pursuing business development activities. You will be the prime contact on your projects with the client, approval agencies and others and you will use your technical and leadership abilities to lead a project team of designers and others.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Guiding projects through to completion, whether it is due diligence/feasibility work, preliminary/conceptual design, detailed design, scheduling, tendering and construction.
- Contributing technical direction, design review and detailed design on numerous simultaneous land development files with a focus on low-rise residential projects as well as stamping final drawings.
- Leading and/or independently preparing Functional Servicing reports in support of potential land development projects.
- Liaising with clients, agencies and others to obtain approvals.
- Supervision and mentoring of project engineers, technologists and administrative staff.
- Ensuring that the clients’ needs are met in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Undertaking business development and promotional activities with new and existing clients in the pursuit of new projects, and the cross-selling of other practice areas, including client outreach and preparing work programs, proposals and fee estimates.
- Project Management, including control and management of the financial aspects of your projects.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Ability and track record of nurturing and growing client relationships.
- Capability of overseeing projects from design to completion.
- Extensive knowledge with residential subdivisions is considered an asset.
- Business development, strong leadership, time management, communication and team building skills are essential for you to meet the expectations of this challenging position.
- Self-motivated individual possessing strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, and are able to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to work independently and demonstrated ability to manage projects and clients is essential.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Engineering. With a thorough understanding of civil engineering design, obtained through 10 years’ experience in land development engineering.
- Registered as a P. Eng. in the field of land development in the Province of Ontario.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Markham
Other Locations : Canada-Ontario-Mississauga
Organization : BC-1606 CommDev-CA Ontario East
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Jun 20, 2023, 6:49:38 AM
Req ID: 230002JC
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans