Senior Java Developer
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5H3R3
Category : Computer Software Engineer, Applications
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 172167
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
The Global Fraud Technology team develops and manages innovative products designed to support the ever-changing threat landscape. We work in close partnership with our Fraud Business and key Technology Partners through out Scotiabank to drive global technology delivery. We are key team members within Enterprise Technology to ensure business strategies, plans and initiatives are executed / delivered in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
Global Fraud Technology Team is looking for an energetic and results-oriented Senior Java Developer to join our team to help build our most innovative Fraud detection and Prevention product. We’re looking to fill our team with influencers, makers, creators and leaders who are flexible, curious, adventurous, versatile and responsive; and who are ready to roll up their sleeves in a collaborative and productive environment to get things done.
Some of the Key Accountabilities include:
- Develop modern, high-impact technology solutions/microservices that enables our business partners to realize business value very quickly.
- Collaborate with other functional and delivery teams to research and design the best solution for the different business requirements.
- Conduct testing of new software releases to ensure successful implementation with no impact to existing code base
- Ensure quality of the solutions are robust, scalable and efficient to meet the needs of the business
- May need to provide production support from time to time
- Monitor system performance, troubleshooting and fixing errors
- Work in a cross functional Agile team to deliver core business and regulatory solutions
What You Will Bring to Succeed
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer engineering, business, Information sciences or other related field
- Java Developer with around 5+ years of experience in Requirements Analysis, Cloud Back-end & Front-End Design, Development, Implementation, release & deployment and cloud implementation.
- Knowledge of secure coding for banking industry and experience in using security & vulnerability detection tools (BlackDuck, WebSense).
- Experience in Big Data Cloud Architecture, working with batch data processing, real-time message ingestion, stream processing in hybrid cloud ecosystems (cloud & on-premise).
- Experience in manipulating the streaming data to clusters through Kafka and developing ETL pipelines in cloud platforms (e.g., Google Cloud Storage/Azure Blob Storage/Bucket, Cloud Dataflow, Cloud Data Prep/Azure Data Factory, Cloud Pub/Sub, Big Query/Azure Synapse, Cloud SQL, MS SQL), Python, working with file formats like (JSON, AVRO, XML).
- Experience in developing applications in Micro Service Architecture with technology stack as REST, Spring Boot, Docker.
- Must have experience working with DevOps, deployment and orchestration technologies (e.g., Bitbucket, Git, Kubernetes/GKE, Jenkins, Maven, TFS (Team Foundation Server)).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team is constantly experimenting with new technologies, so it is important to have high level of tolerance for ambiguity
- We are technology partners who help the business transform how our employees around the world work
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- We foster an environment of innovation and continuous learning
- We care about our people, allowing them to design how they work to deliver amazing results
- We offer a competitive total rewards package, including a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), and generous vacation
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Is this Role not the Exact fit?
Sign up to stay in touch; we’ll let you know when we have new positions on the team.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Ontario : Ottawa
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.