Senior Java Developer
City : Toronto, ON, CA
Category : Computer Software Engineer
Industry : Financial Services/Banking
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 193039
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
As a Senior Java Developer you will be joining a dynamic and energetic team consisting of developers, architects, project managers, and product owners. You will focus on authentication domain to protect our customers and your role includes delivering of the digital banking solution using Java, SpringBoot, Microservices and other leading-edge technologies, maintaining high level of code quality, and driving technical discussion. By joining our team, you will make an impact on our customers, the banking industry, and ultimately, the world.
Is this role right for you? In this role you will:
- You will be providing technical direction with team input and feedback
- You will be assisting in developing coding standards and testing approaches
- You will be collaborating with the Architect (if applicable) to realize technical vision and direction
- You will be considered an expert in a major applications and/or technical domains, and is highly regarded for their technical competence.
- You will be providing expert advice and counsel to key stakeholders on development project teams on complex issues related to “area of specialty”
- You will be providing reviews of solution designs and related code
- You will be proficient in security scanning and implementing best practices to resolve security issues
- You will mentor and help team members in technical knowledge and best coding practices
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role? We'd love to work with you if you have:
- You have 6+ years of work experience as a Java developer with a preference for Java 8 or 11. You have experience building scalable, enterprise level technology stacks with Java but ideally with a broad set of tools
- You have extensive experience working with Spring Boot framework and NoSQL databases such as MongoDB
- You have experience with container orchestration technology, like Cloud Foundry or Kubernetes.
- You have experience working on projects that involve Application Security like oAuth2 and/or SSO
- You have experience with event stream processing technologies such as Kafka or Pub/Sub
- You have experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD)
- You have experience with REST API design
- You have worked on productionizing NodeJS servers
- You have knowledge in Object Oriented and Functional Design
- You have experience with at least one modern JS framework, preferably React
- You’ve used modern JS toolsets (ES6, Typescript, Babel, Lerna, Jest, Protractor)
- You have a passion to work in a fast pace high performance team and having a desire to take the team towards the next level.
- You are able to do deep research alone, to solve problems in a timely manner. You are passionate about sharing your solution to the team
- You have well rounded knowledge of Agile principles and the flexibility to adapt your experience to new and evolving environments
What's in it for you?
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Allyship - We strive to create an inclusive culture where every employee is empowered to reach their fullest potential, respected for who they are, and are embraced through bias-free practices and inclusive values across Scotiabank. We embrace diversity and provide opportunities for all employee to learn, grow & participate through our various Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) that span across diverse gender identities, ethnicity, race, age, ability & veterans.
- Accessibility and Workplace Accommodations - We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Scotiabank continues to locate, remove and prevent barriers so that we can build a diverse and inclusive environment while meeting accessibility requirements.
- Upskilling through online courses, cross-functional development opportunities, and tuition assistance.
- Competitive Rewards program including bonus, flexible vacation, personal, sick days and benefits will start on day one.
- Community Engagement - no matter where you choose to work from; we offer opportunities for community engagement & belonging with our various programs such as hackathons, contests, cooking with friends, Humans of Digital and much more!
Work arrangements: Hybrid
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.