Senior Internal Auditor
City : Burnaby
Category : Accounting
Industry : Insurance
Employer : Pacific Blue Cross
About Pacific Blue Cross
Pacific Blue Cross (PBC) has been British Columbia's leading benefits provider for over 80 years. We are an independent, not-for-profit society with strong roots in BC’s health care system. We provide health, dental, life, disability, and travel coverage to 1 in 3 British Columbians through employee group plans and individual plans.
We are fueled by a commitment to keep health care sustainable for all British Columbians. Through our PBC Health Foundation, we fund projects that improve health outcomes directly related to mental health and wellbeing as well as the prevention and/or management of chronic disease. We are interested in finding people who want to make a difference and who are looking to grow their career with us.
- Work-life balance with flexible working hours of 7.5 hours per day, Monday to Friday (i.e., 37.5 hours per week).
- Paid vacation starts at 4 weeks per year, and increases with years of service.
- Hybrid work environment (i.e., a combination of work from office and work from home days).
- Generous benefits, including extended health, dental, and life insurance; depending on the plan that you choose, these benefit premiums can be 100% paid by PBC.
- Company pension contributions after 1 year of service.
- Education allowance to expand your knowledge and develop your skills.
- Onsite gym, cafeteria, and access to virtual doctors/counsellors 24/7 via our Employee Family Assistance Program!
About the Position
- We are searching for a permanent Senior Internal Auditor to join our Internal Audit team.
- PBCs compensation offerings are grounded in a pay-for-performance philosophy that recognizes exceptional individual and team performance. The typical hiring range for this position is $75,000 – $100,000 per year; the base pay offered is based on market and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and internal equity. The starting salary will be determined based on a combination of skills, education, and experience.
If you’re looking to join an innovative, Agile Internal Audit team and are excited about leading risk-based financial, operational, compliance and/or advisory internal audit engagements, we want to hear from you. This is a great career opportunity with a local not-for-profit health insurance provider where you would work with key internal stakeholders throughout the organization.
Your skills in internal audit best practices and ability to think outside the box while leading internal audit engagements will help Pacific Blue Cross provide sustainable healthcare. Your participation in continuous improvement of internal audit practices, procedures, and tools will help build efficiencies and strengthen stakeholder relations.
We offer an attractive compensation and benefits package and work-life balance. Our workplace culture values health and wellness, diversity and equality, continuing education, environmental sustainability and giving back to the community.
This role is currently working from home 3 days a week and 2 days a week at our head office in Burnaby, BC. Apply this week if you would like to take on this role.
Key Ways This Position Makes An Impact
The Senior Internal Auditor leads risk-based financial, operational, compliance and advisory internal audit engagements in support of the Agile Internal Audit Plan and participates in engagements led by other team members.
This role provides the opportunity to work autonomously on your own projects, with support and cooperation from Internal Audit management, staff and consultants. You would work with the team to learn about all aspects of the Internal Audit function and all departments of the organization. You would build relationships with all levels of management and staff throughout PBC and its subsidiaries.
In this role, you would perform research, conduct interviews, review documentation, and conduct risk analysis to develop the Terms of Reference and risk-based work programs for each audit.
You would execute the work program following Agile methodology, working with other team members and employing data analytics where applicable. You would keep audit clients informed of strengths and risks throughout the audit and would draft the interim and final engagement reports with practical, evidence-based recommendations. You would follow-up after the engagement to review corrective actions and the adequacy of improvements made.
You would also prepare reports for the Audit Committee to keep them informed on deliverables and to track recommendations and action plans from internal and external audits.
Key Experiences You Bring To This Role
- Minimum 5 years’ recent experience in internal audit
- University degree or technical diploma in a relevant field
- Professional designation such as CPA, CIA, CISA or equivalent
- Ability to lead an internal audit, end-to-end, with management supervision
- Strong knowledge of internal control testing and best practices for documenting work done, evidence and results.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize and work independently on multiple projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite - additional experience in data analytics is an asset
If you’re excited about taking on this opportunity, we invite you to apply today and start the conversation with us about this position.
Please apply via our website this week at http://www.pbchbs.com/company/careers/
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
PBC is an Indigenous Works employer of choice, an Insurance Business Canada Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion award winner, one of Canada’s Greenest employers, a Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion (CCDI) employer partner, and a Pride at Work partner.
We strive to create a workplace where everyone feels valued and employees feel empowered to freely participate and contribute regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ability, education level, parental status, or socioeconomic status. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified candidates.
To request an accommodation in completing this job application, testing, interviewing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com. These accommodation requests will be reviewed confidentially and, on a case-by-case basis by Human Resources.