City : Saskatoon
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Senior Hydrogeologist - ( 2200006B )
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We’re a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that’s critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
We have an exciting opportunity in one of our regional offices (Winnipeg, Saskatoon, Regina or Thunder Bay) for a Senior Hydrogeologist. The role of the Senior Hydrogeologist is to perform tasks and project management assignments associated with environmental impact assessments; hydrological studies; hydrogeological studies; phased environmental site assessments, including subsurface investigations, soil and groundwater remediation, and monitoring projects; sampling of soil, sediment, surface water, and groundwater; production of maps; data interpretation/evaluation; and deliverable preparation.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Contribute to and lead business development activities, including proposals, pre-qualifications, and relationship building with clients and prospective clients.
- Provide technical expertise and support hydrogeological and hydrological designs, proposals, and reports.
- Identify new business opportunities and support the technical component of business development materials.
- Conduct a wide variety of hydrological assessments and development projects.
- Participate in Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Policies, Procedures, Standards and Guidelines in the execution of all work.
- Assist in analyzing current and emerging technical issues, and implementing actions to proactively address market, business, regulatory, and/or economic issues.
- Assignments/projects are advanced in nature and require the application of mature knowledge.
- Responsible for planning and conducting assignments/projects having broad scope for independent accomplishment and coordination of difficult tasks.
- Provide supervision, training, technical direction and mentoring to more junior staff
- Direct and review work of junior staff.
- Apply technical and business knowledge and methods to develop creative, effective, and economical solutions to address current and potential project issues.
- Execute specific technical tasks or requirements for medium to large projects.
- Conduct peer reviews of routine and moderately complex work by colleagues or more junior practitioners.
- Qualify as a Quality Reviewer and undertake Quality Reviews of small to moderate deliverables.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Proficient in and consistently demonstrates and promotes policies and procedures for HSSE, including client-specific training (if applicable).
- Advanced skills in technical writing.
- Proficient skills in communication and technical information exchange with clients, engineers and scientists, government regulators and agencies, and academia, as well as non-technical communication to the public.
- Experience with groundwater modelling software is an asset.
- Disciplined approach to project execution and technical excellence.
- Ability to provide written and verbal direction on project delivery.
- Show leadership in striving to continuously improve technical performance.
- Champion new ideas and initiatives, and creates an environment that supports creativity and innovation.
- Build and maintain productive professional and personal networking relationships.
- Drive collaborative efforts within the region and beyond to deliver consistent, high quality and appropriately scoped technical work.
Education and Experience
Master’s degree in Geoscience, Engineering, or related field. Licensed Professional Engineer/Geologist. Minimum 15 years related experience, or an equivalent combination of education (e.g., advanced degree) and experience. At least four years of experience successfully executing technical aspects of medium to complex projects. Good driving record and valid driver’s license required.
Majority of time spent in office environment with prolonged sitting and computer work.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Manitoba-Winnipeg
Other Locations : Canada-Saskatchewan-Saskatoon, Canada-Saskatchewan-Regina, Canada-Ontario-Thunder Bay
Job : Hydrogeologist
Organization : BC-1114 Environmental Services-CA Prairies & Territories
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Jan 21, 2022, 4:48:55 PM
Req ID: 2200006B
Vaccine Policy: Stantec requires some positions in North America to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 subject to reasonable accommodation to the extent required by law because of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief.
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans