Senior Geotechnical Engineer
City : Mississauga
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Senior Geotechnical Engineer - ( 220000L1 )
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We’re a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that’s critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Stantec strives to be a leading global design firm and our Geotechnical Engineering team provides a solid foundation to our civil projects. From field exploration and laboratory testing to the design and construction management of complex Geotechnical structures, our team does work that’s rock solid. We perform Geotechnical studies to solve pressing infrastructure and construction rehabilitation issues. Sometimes, we break new ground with our ideas. Other times, we’re bringing stability to a project. We push the boundaries as leaders and experts in our field and encourage our fellow team members to do the same. Join our team today!
The role of the Senior Geotechnical Engineer provides the opportunity to work on Engineering and Geotechnical projects in a multi-discipline project team environment. Working in our Markham, Ontario office it is expected that your technical skills will help boost the growth of the geotechnical team. his role will allow you to leverage your geotechnical technical skills and project management experience, participating in project work, and provide mentorship to junior staff and assist them with the development of their technical skills.
This position offers an excellent opportunity for professional development and career advancement.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Working on a variety of projects spanning from transportation, commercial/industrial developments, water and wastewater, transmission and oil & gas
- Collaborating with our staff to complete Geotechnical Engineering design/analysis, recommendations and prepare Geotechnical reports to address applicable issues, such as site preparation, ground improvement options, foundation design (shallow and deep foundations), slope stability, and others
- Preparing proposals (developing scopes and budgets)
- Reviewing project documents for technical accuracy and competency
- Project managing multiple geotechnical projects
- Client and contractor management
- Overseeing work performed by Technicians, EITs and Engineers
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- A strong commitment to safety
- Familiar with local bylaws, and design codes
- Strong client, sub-consultant and contractor management experience
- Proficiency with common geotechnical software (e.g. GeoStudio™, LPile, and Settle 3D)
- Professional Engineer in good standing with PEO, with P.Eng. designation, or be eligible to obtain a license to practice in Ontario
- Excellent organizational ability, report writing, and verbal communication are essential
- Experience in supervision, guidance, and development, mentoring of junior staff
- Previous experience working in an engineering consulting environment
- Project experience and relations with the Ministry of Transportation Ontario (MTO) is considered an asset
Education and Experience
Minimum of a Bachelor degree in Civil/Geotechnical Engineering or Geological Engineering from a recognized university; Post graduate degree in Geotechnical or Civil Engineering would be an asset.
Minimum of 10 years’ experience in geotechnical engineering design and consulting,
Professional Engineer in good standing.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities, and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Markham
Other Locations : Canada-Ontario-London, Canada-Ontario-Stoney Creek, Canada-Ontario-Mississauga, Canada-Ontario-Waterloo
Job : Geotechnical Engineer
Organization : BC-1216 Environmental Services-GE-Canada East
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Feb 17, 2022, 3:16:36 PM
Req ID: 220000L1
Vaccine Policy: Stantec requires some positions in North America to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 subject to reasonable accommodation to the extent required by law because of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief.
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans