Senior Front-End Developer
City : CALGARY
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Senior Front-End Developer - ( 21000314 )
Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that works behind the scenes to support operational excellence. As part of the Innovation Office, the Digital Technology & Innovation team is composed of digital experts who conduct research and development to keep our teams—and our client’s projects—ahead of the technological curve. They implement established technologies and find emerging solutions for all business lines (Buildings, Energy & Resources, Environmental Services, Infrastructure, and Water), bridging existing knowledge domains and facilitating the integration of powerful tools and methods. The team’s goal is to make projects more efficient and help provide higher-quality results to our clients. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, a critical thinker, and highly interested in the application of new technologies and methods. The incumbent will become a member of the Innovation Office, however, he or she will also be accessible to Stantec’s project teams to support project work as needed.
THIS REMOTE POSITION CAN BE PERFORMED IN ANY CANADIAN HOME OR STANTEC OFFICE LOCATIONS
Stantec is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Senior Frontend developer with specialized expertise. The ideal candidate will possess demonstrated expertise in the execution of technology solutions to fit with client needs and identified outcomes. This position requires the candidate to creatively leverage new and innovative technologies and successfully implement solutions for our external clients and our business. The candidate will be responsible for the delivery of professional services including business analysis and recommend solutions to complex strategic objectives, across our large global team spanning Stantec IT, Business Lines, and the Office of Innovation.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Take ownership of the project and work independently in a team environment. Mentor project team members with their project tasks.
- Collaborate with the external stakeholder's project teams to gather functional and non-functional requirements and identify the business requirements.
- Recommend and design the project framework including system/technical/security architecture.
- Use storyboards, wireframes, mockups, and simple prototypes and develop them into real solutions.
- Help to develop design specifications and proof-of-concept solutions in response to business needs.
- Ability to identifying risks up front and form contingency plans.
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system, and troubleshoot, debug, and upgrade existing systems.
- Communicate both in writing and verbally with technical and non-technical cross-functional teams, and use programming tools effectively and efficiently.
- Perform multiple disciplinary research in IT and system architecture
- Apply excellent time-management skills, a thorough understanding of task assignments and schedules, and efficient use of time and available resources.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Working experience as a Senior Frontend Developer.
- A passion for solving problems and providing workable solutions, flexible to learn new technology to meet the business needs.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills with a passion for machine learning, artificial intelligence, and research.
- Profound knowledge of various layers, including application, presentation, network, and data layers.
- Experience in the design and development of responsive websites; an understanding of backend architecture is preferred.
- Object-Oriented Design (OOD) and programming in C#, .Net Core, NodeJS, Java.
- Working experience with data visualization tools such as High charts, Chart.js, or D3, etc.
- Experience reading and writing to web-based APIs using JSON or XML objects.
- Working knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases is preferred.
- Exposure to Data Analytics or Data Science is preferred.
- Proficient in user authentication, OAuth, Single Sign-On (SSO), and Azure Active Directory B2C & B2B connections, tokens and cookies.
- Understanding of OWASP security principles, accessibility, and security compliance.
- Experience working with operational technologies in an industrial, automation, or water treatment context is preferred. This includes working with data sets such as SCADA, PLCs, and DCS.
- Experience with source control, Git, and Azure DevOps (Pipelines, Boards, Repos).
- Experience with the entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Agile Development, SCRUM, or Extreme Programming methodologies
- Experience working with geospatial data and maps is preferred.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Software Development, Engineering, or related industry.8 years of related work experience.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities, and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Alberta-Calgary
Other Locations : Canada
Job : Applications Development
Organization : BC-1290 Innovation-DTI-Canada
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Dec 2, 2021, 11:43:29 AM
Req ID: 21000314
Vaccine Policy: Stantec requires some positions in North America to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 subject to reasonable accommodation to the extent required by law because of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief.
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans