Senior Fired Equipment Engineer
City : Calgary, Alberta
Category : See posting on Fluor site
Industry : Engineering
Employer : Fluor Canada
Fluor is one of Canada's top employers and is recognized globally as a leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Fabrication, and Maintenance industry. Our focus on innovation and providing cost-effective technology-based solutions is second to none. As we look to the future, we need creative, ambitious, and innovative professionals who can help us fulfill our purpose to Build a Better World.
Fluor team members are at the heart of our success in executing projects safely, thoughtfully, and with the highest quality. We aim to foster an inclusive culture that prioritizes diversity and inclusion that allows employees to bring their best, most authentic selves to work. If you value teamwork, empowerment in your career, and are eager to champion innovative and sustainable solutions to our clients, this opportunity just may be for you!
We are currently seeking a Senior Fired Equipment Engineer to join our team in our Calgary, Alberta office. This position has excellent growth opportunity, assisting the successful candidate to further develop their career with the support of other senior engineers, technical experts, and lead mechanical engineers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepare specifications and data sheets for fired heat transfer and other types of combustion equipment.
• Perform thermal ratings of fired equipment using industry standard software (e.g. FRNC-5, HTRI, etc.).
• Prepare technical requisitions for formal inquiry of fired heat transfer and combustion equipment.
• Prepare technical bid evaluations for fired heat transfer and combustion equipment.
• Review supplier drawings and data during detail design phase after PO award.
• Act as a technical focal point for assigned equipment packages, coordinating with and supporting other design disciplines in review of supplier data during detail design.
• Participate in P&ID reviews, HAZOP reviews, and 3D Model reviews for assigned equipment packages.
• Prepare construction work packages for assigned equipment packages.
• Travel to supplier facilities and shops as required to witness testing or resolve fabrication issues.
• Provide technical support from home office during construction, commissioning, and start-up activities.
• Support Process engineers with equipment sizing and selection for conceptual studies and front end work (e.g. DBM, FEED, etc.) for both new construction and brownfield revamp projects.
• Support projects in early phases with sizing and selection of equipment type and design, technology selection, supplier evaluation, and preliminary size and cost estimates.
• Keep abreast of latest developments in fired equipment and combustion technologies, including emissions, hydrogen, renewables, carbon capture, etc.
• Keep abreast of regulatory requirements applicable to fired equipment, including pressure equipment codes, gas codes, emissions requirements, etc.
• Assist with training, development, and supervision of junior and intermediate personnel in Fluor’s Calgary office
• Provide direct supervision and oversight of technical personnel in other Fluor offices executing portions of the project work.