Senior Financial Analyst
City : St. Jacobs, Ontario, Canada
Category : Finance
Industry : Retail
Employer : Home Hardware
Home Hardware has a new opportunity available for a Senior Financial Analyst to join our Corporate Finance team. Reporting to the Manager, FP&A, you will work with key business partners to understand business drivers and provide insightful financial guidance on a range of initiatives.
We are looking for a forward-thinking and dynamic finance individual with a proven track record in developing financial models, and build planning, budgeting, and forecasting tools to improve business performance. If you are looking to build a meaningful career with a leading Canadian Retailer, we look forward to your application!
What you’ll do:
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the company’s business, its operations and processes and contribute to the development and implementation of business plans.
- Work with Finance FP&A and cross-functional teams and leaders to support the development and implementation of improved management reporting, forecasting and analysis tools used to understand business results and enable financial and management reporting.
- Monitor operational and financial performance models, highlighting trends and performing variance analysis.
- Provide training support to business areas required to implement new tools and processes.
- Collaborate with leaders, Finance team and related stakeholders, providing business insights to grow the business while understanding the opportunities and risks.
- Work cross-functionality to develop business cases and analyze key financial KPIs to determine initiative viability.
- Support annual financial planning process by working collaboratively with business leaders on the development of budgeting tools and variance analytics.
- Represent Finance on key corporate initiatives by being an active participant in working groups and working with Corporate Finance to ensure implementation is successful.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or Accounting. CPA designation is preferred.
- Minimum five years of related experience in data analytics, management reporting, financial planning and analysis.
- Experience in Retail, Consumer Packaged Goods, QSR, Distribution or Hospitality industries preferred.
- Strong collaboration skills with proven ability to interact with cross-functional business teams.
- Strong consumer insights and analytics exposure with the ability to synthesize data from multiple sources and build and create business reporting tools.
- Data-driven with the ability to analyze and review numbers and trends to support key business decisions.
- Highly developed business and financial acumen to drive business performance, embracing change and innovation.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (including advanced Excel, PowerPoint, PowerBI).
- Motivated individual with excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, as well as strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing business needs and multi-task changing priorities.
- Ability to work additional varied hours as required to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
Home Hardware recognizes the value of a diverse team. We believe that different perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences make us stronger as an organization. Applicants representing the full diversity of communities in Canada are encouraged to apply with confidence. Please let us know if you require accommodation during the recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.