Senior Financial Analyst, FP&A
City : GTA, ON, Canada
Category : Full-Time
Industry : Finance & Accounting
Employer : Mattamy Homes
Etobicoke (Toronto West), Ontario – Hybrid (3 days/week in office)
Mattamy Homes Canada
Greater Toronto Urban Division
When it comes to forward-thinking homebuilding and thoughtfully planned communities, Canadians think of Mattamy Homes. And that success is centred on a foundation of great people, because our team is as solid as they come. At Mattamy, we are optimistic, hardworking and supportive. Together we learn and grow as we strive to create a positive impact in the homebuilding industry. Contributing to the Mattamy Way means being surrounded by caring people who encourage you to be exactly who you are. It means your opinion is invited and your contributions count. And it means a career filled with pride, knowing you’re part of an environmentally-conscious, action-oriented organization with big plans for the future. The opportunity to bring the future of living to homeowners based on what Canadians value is exciting – and we’re making it happen.
Learn more about what makes working at Mattamy special and our award-winning culture.
What we offer:
Mattamy is embarking on a journey to become the most respected, homeowner-centric condominium brand in the GTA with the recent launch of a dedicated Urban development division. This is part of an ambitious initiative to expand and enhance our multi-family offering in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) and create the next generation of mixed-use urban communities. Mattamy's new GTA Urban Division has a large growth mandate that will be fueled by our current collection of 40 high-rise projects / multi-family developments within our GTA master-planned communities and an aggressive acquisition plan for single and multi-tower developments. With all this growth, we are excited to be expanding; moving from our current location in Vaughan to brand new offices in the West end of Toronto with direct access to the Bloor-Danforth Subway line!
The Senior Financial Analyst, FP&A will be an integral member on this journey to accelerate this division’s growth and be a trusted business partner to the functions of Development and Sales & Marketing. This is an exciting role responsible for supporting the annual 10-year business plan, quarterly forecasts, month-end/KPI reporting, along with driving value-added initiatives and across the business.
Mattamy is an accredited employer with the CPA Ontario, and our CPA program is accredited to meet the practical work experience requirements for achieving your CPA designation as well as providing time and cost support towards this.
What you’ll do:
- Support various components of the financial planning process for quarterly forecasts, annual budgeting, and the 10-year strategic plan including cash flow statement, P&L and balance sheet.
- Consolidate key drivers and produce bottom-up forecasts, translate these forecasts into current and future impacts on the financial statements, communicate how these changes and downstream impacts from P&L to balance sheet (financial position) and to operating cash flow.
- Foster and maintain strategic business partnerships with Development and Sales & Marketing to influence decision-making and recommend strategies, such as analysis on the 10-year orderbook and assessments on pricing and competition.
- Become the subject matter expert, leverage your understanding, and conduct deep-dive analyses on financial statements to investigate major drivers and recommend actionable results.
- Prepare & develop business analyses, raise key insights and recommendations to support decision making and financial feasibility through profitability, sensitivity analyses and other financial modelling.
- Partner with business analytics on a journey to drive the design & execution of dashboards (Power BI) to present critical KPI’s in an efficient manner to our business partners, finance, and other decision makers.
- Support the review of information in reported financials and prepare the messaging on Urban reporting package with clear articulation of variances and drivers of performance.
- Identify and execute process improvement initiatives to improve the flow of information, the accuracy of information and the timeliness of information to Finance.
- Support new financial planning and reporting tools / processes in Urban while partnering with the Corporate FP&A teams to ensure alignment with new initiatives.
- Prepare ad hoc reports and analysis requested by Departments, Corporate Office, etc.
What you bring:
- University degree in accounting or finance
- CPA designation
- 4+ years of progressive experience in reporting, FP&A, Business Unit / Operations Finance with direct business partner roles.
- Ability to understand complex business problems and develop practical approaches for solving them.
- Ability to turn ideas into business results through effective communication, motivation, and implementation techniques.
- Construction, High Rise residential or ICI (Industrial/Commercial/Institutional) experience an asset.
- Detail oriented & strong analytical and project management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret internal business partners’ needs and decisions and their impact on financial reporting and cash flow.
- Superior organization and planning skills; ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Results oriented with the ability to set realistic and attainable goals and meet those on time.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Advanced Excel skills, financial modelling including cash flow projections.
- Experience with JD Edwards, OneStream, Hyperion or Essbase a definite asset
- Experience with MS BI Technologies an asset (SQL Server, Power BI, Power Pivot, Visual Basic)
- Passionate about sustainability and open to innovate and seek new ways of thinking to improve the health of the environment.
- Demonstrates the highest level of ethics and personal integrity.
We encourage applicants who meet most of the role requirements to hit that submit button and apply! It’s okay if you don’t have 100% of the requirements. If you’re the right candidate, we’ll help you learn and grow.
Who we are
Mattamy Homes is the largest privately owned homebuilder in North America, with 40-plus years of history across Canada and the United States. Every year, Mattamy helps more than 8,000 families realize their dream of home ownership. In Canada, our communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area as well as in Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton.
Be yourself. We want it that way.
At Mattamy, we're passionate about creating and promoting a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone can do their best work. Diversity and inclusion are important to the work we do to support our homebuyers, colleagues, and communities. From how we build our teams to cultivating our leaders, we're on a journey toward a welcoming, barrier-free culture for everyone.
Mattamy Homes Canada is committed to providing accommodation for people with disabilities. If you require accommodation through any aspects of the selection process, please notify us on your application and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Qualified applicants will be contacted directly by the Talent Acquisition team.