Senior Financial Analyst
City : Toronto, Ontario
Category : Full time
Industry : Finance
Employer : Loblaw Companies Limited
Referred applicants should not apply directly to this role.
All referred applicants must first be submitted through Workday by a current Loblaw Colleague.
Location:500 Lakeshore Blvd. West, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2V9
When you hire great people, great things can happen.
PC Financial offers unprecedented value to Canadians through payment products. We're a different kind of bank with a different type of team—we’re collaborative and supportive and have the freedom and responsibility to thrive. Our purpose is to make the everyday simple and better for our customers, and we strive to make every dollar worth more.
Proudly serving over 3 million customers, PC Financial continues to grow by offering payment solutions and services that reward our customers every day. As a subsidiary of Loblaws Company Inc., we share the CORE values of Care, Ownership, Respect and Excellence. We are dedicated to helping Canadians Live Life Well. Join us on our journey.
Why this role is important
As a Senior Financial Analyst, you will support the short and long term planning of product operating expenses for the bank. In this role you will support management reporting by analyzing month end/quarterly results, coordinating with business partners to understand operational drivers, and prepare information material for leadership. You will also provide financial insights and support to various teams across the business (i.e., operations, product, risk) on new projects and other ad-hoc analysis.
What you'll do
- Support management reporting by analyzing month end/quarterly results, coordinating with business partners, and preparing information material for leadership
- Communicate and frame forecasts and analysis to aid in decision making by Senior and Executive Leadership
- Partner with business and supervise performance, assist with forecasting improvements and methodologies to provide insightful analysis
- Become the SME on large volume vendor contracts; develop extensive knowledge of complex terms and conditions to optimize cost management, analysis, and understanding
- Work with teams across the business to plan and cost out new projects and initiatives while ensuring all cost incentives available in current contracts are utilized
- Take ownership of various cost forecasting models, find ways to optimize models and improve accuracy and data tracking
- Frequent ad-hoc requests, reports and analysis
What you bring
- Post-Secondary Degree in a business related field (Business Administration, Commerce)
- MBA or CPA/CFA designation is an asset
- High degree of proficiency in MS Office Applications, most notably Excel and PowerPoint
- Proficiency in programming languages (i.e., Python, SQL) and Data visualization tools (i.e., Power BI, Tableau) is an asset
- Results oriented – ability to prioritize and consistently deliver on time with high level of accuracy
- Excellent social skills when working with multiple stakeholders to garner consensus
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to be analytical and detail-oriented
- Ability to work and multi-task in a fast paced environment, both independently and as part of a team
- Previous exposure to the financial services industry an asset
Come and join a winning team who demonstrates innovation, energy, creativity and vision. We recognize the importance of a diverse workforce and we therefor encourage applications from Aboriginal Peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Number of Openings:1
PC Financial recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and colleagues with disabilities.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Please Note: If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.