Senior Financial Analyst
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5A3X5
Category : Customer Service Representative
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 175062
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
This role is responsible for overseeing financial analysis, reporting, AP processes and controls ensuring that activities are completed accurately and in a timely manner. These activities would include interaction with Senior Management, detailed reviews, development and implementation of new processes and policies to improve efficiencies and enhance controls.
Is this role right for you? In this role, you will:
- Assist with preparation of monthly management reports, tracking actual results against plan and forecast
- Provide strong support with the month end and quarter end close
- Support quarterly forecasting activities and preparation of Annual Plans for the Scotia Digital
- Review the actual costs booked using SmartStream application
- Prepare monthly expense reports and SmartStream reconciliations at Transit and Cost Category level
- Expense analysis by vendor and expense categories and provide insightful analysis for expense management
- Investigate monthly expense variances with detailed analysis
- Support the Invoice processing activities
- Lead monthly FTE reporting and associated analysis
- Ad-hoc reports and any other duties as maybe assigned
- Recommend opportunities for cost controls and savings
- Recommend and implement changes that would contribute towards streamlining current accounting processes and creating greater consistency and efficiencies.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role? - We'd love to work with you if you have:
- 3-5 years of post-university work experience, Financial Services experience would be an advantage
- Accounting designation (CPA/CMA/CGA) an asset
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Knowledge of and familiarity with Bank’s accounting systems (SmartStream, People Soft, Hyperion) is an asset
- Experience in developing/compiling management reports
- Excellent interpersonal skills; a team player who is able to act as both a leader and an individual contributor as required
- Confident and effective communication (written & verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Is adaptable and comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Must be a creative, self-starting, results-oriented, great attention to detail, and highly motivated individual with good analytical skills in order to apply this knowledge to assist in the development of the streamlined accounting processes
What’s in it for you?
- An inclusive & collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We offer a competitive rewards package: Performance bonus, Employee Share Ownership Program, and Pension Plan Matching, Health Benefits from day one!
- Your career matters! You will have access to career development and progression opportunities.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.