City : Etobicoke, Canada
Category : Full-Time
Industry : Estimating & Contracts
Employer : Mattamy Homes
Etobicoke, Ontario – Hybrid (3 days/week in office)
Mattamy Homes Canada
GTA Urban Division
Director, Estimating and Procurement
When it comes to forward-thinking homebuilding and thoughtfully planned communities, Canadians think of Mattamy Homes. And that success is centred on a foundation of great people, because our team is as solid as they come. At Mattamy, we are optimistic, hardworking and supportive. Together we learn and grow as we strive to create a positive impact in the homebuilding industry. Contributing to the Mattamy Way means being surrounded by caring people who encourage you to be exactly who you are. It means your opinion is invited and your contributions count. And it means a career filled with pride, knowing you’re part of an environmentally-conscious, action-oriented organization with big plans for the future. The opportunity to bring the future of living to homeowners based on what Canadians value is exciting – and we’re making it happen.
Learn more about what makes working at Mattamy special and our award-winning culture.
What we offer
The GTA Urban Division is embarking on a journey to take our experience and leadership as a “community builder” to the next level to create the next generation of high-rise and mixed-use urban communities. A career with Mattamy means an opportunity to work within an exciting and dynamic industry, with one of the largest and most reputable companies in new home construction. If you’re collaborative, driven, and open to learning, the sky is the limit.
The Senior Estimator will be a key member responsible for construction cost planning and budget management. Partnering closely with our Construction, Development, Acquisition, Sales & Marketing teams, they will ensure successful project development and delivery that meets all stakeholder requirements.
What you’ll do
- Support the Director Estimating in the implementation of Construction function strategy as it relates to budgeting, value added costing, and estimating.
- Develop and manage construction budget through full cycle development and construction process for multi-million dollar mid-rise and high-rise projects.
- Ensure that all budgets and estimates are well researched; proper quantities established, based on current and historical information, and reflect current trends in the market.
- Establish effective working relations with all consultants, contractors, suppliers, and partners, on which we depend for the successful execution of the construction program.
- Manage the budgeting, costing, value engineering and assist in the consultant review process during pre-construction activities to achieve the financial goals of the organization.
- Provide cost estimates to support cost-benefit analysis on Mattamy’s strategic and sustainability initiatives.
- Play a key role in value engineering to achieve cost efficiency in collaboration with cross-functional project teams.
- Act as a key liaison with internal project management team fulfilling construction budget management and cost control responsibilities.
- Monitor industry best practices, market trends, emerging processes, and technologies. Share and implement the learnings internally.
- Support the development of standard project finishes/features and upgrade program.
- Maintain and update internal cost database.
- Coach, mentor and guide the development of junior staff.
What you bring
- Over 8+ years of progressive experience as a construction estimator.
- Post-secondary degree(s) and/or certificate(s) in architecture, engineering, construction and/or project management.
- Ability to perform quantity take-off in all trades discipline using computer software.
- Demonstrated understanding of full-cycle development/construction processes for large scale mixed-use mid-rise and high-rise projects.
- Strong numeracy and analytical capabilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer literacy, with strong knowledge of Excel and Word.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Ability to work within tight deadlines and prioritize.
- Positive attitude, responsive and action oriented.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Eligible for or have attained PQS, CET.
- Experience with JDE and Procore system.
We encourage applicants who meet most of the role requirements to hit that submit button and apply! It’s okay if you don’t have 100% of the requirements. If you’re the right candidate, we’ll help you learn and grow.
Who we are
Mattamy Homes is the largest privately owned homebuilder in North America, with 40-plus years of history across Canada and the United States. Every year, Mattamy helps more than 8,000 families realize their dream of home ownership. In Canada, our communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area as well as in Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton.
Be yourself. We want it that way.
At Mattamy, we're passionate about creating and promoting a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone can do their best work. Diversity and inclusion are important to the work we do to support our homebuyers, colleagues, and communities. From how we build our teams to cultivating our leaders, we're on a journey toward a welcoming, barrier-free culture for everyone.
Mattamy Homes Canada is committed to providing accommodation for people with disabilities. If you require accommodation through any aspects of the selection process, please notify us on your application and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Qualified applicants will be contacted directly by the Talent Acquisition team.