Senior Environmental Planner
City : Regina
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Senior Environmental Planner - ( 230001NT )
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We’re a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that’s critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
We are currently seeking a talented and ambitious Senior Environmental Planner to join our Environmental Services team in Saskatchewan. The successful candidate will work within our Assessment and Permitting practice area, managing projects across various sectors. We are looking for an enthusiastic professional that can provide technical excellence and leadership and support the growing role that our clients have asked us to take on.
The position can be based out of our Saskatoon or Regina offices.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Work directly with clients to provide strategic environmental advice and project management throughout all stages of a project’s lifecycle including approval, construction, post-construction, and operational management within both provincial and federal regulatory frameworks
- Lead teams of technical environmental and engineering specialists to support environmental assessment and permitting processes
- Create and provide senior-level review of environmental assessments and technical documents that support regulatory permitting
- Contribute to and lead business development activities, including proposals, pre-qualifications, and relationship building with existing and prospective clients
- Support the implementation of Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) policies, procedures, standards, and guidelines in the execution of all work and coordinate with HSE professionals during the execution of all phases of project planning and implementation
- Communicate and collaborate with other environmental and regulatory specialists to ensure consistency in project execution
- Develop and mentor junior and intermediate staff
- Participate in team and independent based work
- Collaborate with Stantec service lines to create integrated project solutions for clients
- Client liaison and participation in business development initiatives
- Develop and implement regulatory approval strategies for our clients that manage risk and support strong technical performance
- Provide excellent project management, including scope, budget, and quality control
- Embrace and promote Health, Safety, Security and Environment (HSSE) policies, procedures, standards, and guidelines
- Understand and manage a diverse array of technical disciplines and subcontractors
- Prepare proposals, workplans and reports using Stantec templates and quality standards
- Undertake quality and independent reviews of project deliverables
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Strong understanding of federal and Saskatchewan regulatory frameworks. Experience with provincial regulatory filings in Alberta and/or Manitoba will be considered an asset
- Solid reputation with clients, regulators, and stakeholders
- High level of personal and professional credibility
- Experience leading environmental assessments and other regulatory approvals processes for projects of significant size and/or complexity
- A strategic thinker capable of establishing strategies with consideration of all discipline interactions during project start-up and commencement
- Strong leadership and business development skills, including significant experience building and maintaining productive relationships with clients
- An entrepreneurial orientation with strong understanding of the key elements required for successful business development
- Demonstrated technical skills and, ideally, advanced educational credentials – a professional designation would be an asset
- Strong experience liaising with government regulatory agencies at the provincial and federal levels
- Prior experience liaising with Indigenous communities in relation to regulatory approvals processes
Education and Experience
A University degree in the Sciences or Environmental Studies; a Master’s degree or PhD is preferred.
At least 8 years professional experience in progressively more senior positions.
Experience in project management, leading environmental assessments and other regulatory approvals processes.
This individual may be an Environmental Scientist, Environmental Planner, or have a background in other related multi-disciplinary areas.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Infrequent travel may be required. Travel requires a valid driver’s license.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
Primary Location : Canada-Saskatchewan-Saskatoon
Other Locations : Canada-Saskatchewan-Regina, Canada-Manitoba-Winnipeg
Organization : BC-1114 EnvSvcs-CA Prairies & Territories
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Apr 6, 2023, 1:24:31 PM
Req ID: 230001NT
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans