Senior Electrical Engineer, Buildings
City : Ottawa, ON
Category : Buildings - Mechanical and Electrical
Industry : Engineering
Employer : WSP
WSP's Electrical & Mechanical team engages in the design of healthcare, educational, commercial, residential, recreational and light industrial facilities, with a specialization in large and complex projects, sustainable developments, and projects utilizing Alternate Delivery methods including Public-Private Partnerships (P3).
You’re all about the big picture. While everybody else is focused on their separate responsibilities, you’ve got an eye on the end goal, and have a detailed plan for how we will meet these goals. Others look up to you; they know that you have the experience and provide them with the support they need to take on any challenges. As a mentor, you’re pleased when everyone is moving in the same direction, and you are available to step up and be the best advocate for your team. You have strong communication skills, and you use those skills to make sure your team remains to engage and the clients happy, you enjoy helping your team members develop and grow their career while providing the clients with the best solutions and trained staff. You love leading people and thrive, knowing that they can rely on you. You are keen to take on some of the most exciting projects and to be part of a winning international team. You will get to work and display your skill with colleagues on a local, national and international stage.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer,
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada;
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things;
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer attractive pay, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
A day in the life:
- You will work directly with the Senior Management team in Ottawa - M&E Buildings, work independently and with minimal supervision
- You will be leading the electrical design in complex large projects, ensuring high quality of design and compliances
- You will maintain WSP’s position as the top buildings engineering firm within the local market.
- You will support and mentor staff in improving the client relationships, quality of our work and service to our clients.
- You will find and develop opportunities, strategizes, leads and assists in business development efforts within the geographic region
- You pursue and maintain opportunities with new and key clients
- You will be responsible to continuously monitors the financial performance of the department and takes remedial/corrective actions as required to meet or exceed financial targets
- You will participate in attracting hires and retains highly qualified staff
- You will mentor staff performance and provides training and development opportunities for staff
- You will organize career development and performance evaluations of staff under your management.
- You will ensure compliance with all staff within the department with WSP policies, practices, procedures and protocols.
- You will develop and implement design and production standards related to our Electrical engineering practice.
We'd love to hear from you if you have ...
- You hold a membership with the Association of Professional Engineers of Ontario.
- You bring a total of 15+ years in of experience in the engineering consulting industry
- You are ready to take on more management responsibilities, such as developing a team of engineers and technologists.
- You have excellent communication, time management, multitasking, and most important people skills.
- You are capable of functioning in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- You currently hold or able to obtain a secret level security clearance
- You can effectively handle multiple conflicting priorities simultaneously
- You enjoy working in a professional work environment with clients.