Senior Electrical Engineer
City : Calgary, Alberta
Category : See posting on Fluor site
Industry : Engineering
Employer : Fluor Canada
Fluor is one of Canada's top employers and is recognized globally as a leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Fabrication, and Maintenance industry. Our focus on innovation and providing cost-effective technology-based solutions is second to none. As we look to the future, we need creative, ambitious, and innovative professionals who can help us fulfill our purpose to Build a Better World.
Fluor team members are at the heart of our success in executing projects safely, thoughtfully, and with the highest quality. We aim to foster an inclusive culture that prioritizes diversity and inclusion that allows employees to bring their best, most authentic selves to work. If you value teamwork, empowerment in your career, and are eager to champion innovative and sustainable solutions to our clients, this opportunity just may be for you!
We are currently seeking Senior Electrical Engineers/Specialists to join our team. The Senior Electrical Engineer collaborates with project management and engineering staff to achieve project objectives, and perform relevant design and engineering work.
This position has excellent growth potential and will provide the successful individual the opportunity to be part of the strategic direction of the Energy Solutions business line. Join us and let's make a real difference together.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Supervises preparation of design and engineering deliverables and stamp drawings as necessary
• Maintains a close working relationship with operational and project management
• Ensures consistent communications with the project team
• Interfaces with internal and external clients as required
• Prepares System calculations using ETAP or SKM software platforms.
• Prepares Specification and supports selection and procurement of Electrical Equipment packages
• Supports or performs Engineering calculations and development of other engineering deliverables like Load Lists, Single Line diagrams, Motor Schematics etc. using Smart Plant Electrical
• Prepares Project estimates, schedules, effort-hours, staffing plans and material forecasts
• Supports the detailed design activities of the Electrical team and 3D Model Development
• Supports preparation of construction deliverables like cable tray layouts, sub-station layout, lighting layouts, cable schedules, panel schedules, installation details, etc.
• Supports field engineering team during construction and commissioning phases
Secondary Job Duties/Functions:
• Provides guidance and leadership in the professional and career development of subordinates and assigned project team members
• Supports and prepares as necessary proposal and presentation packages, and participates in presentations as required
• Participates in departmental technical audits to ensure technical integrity of deliverables
• Participates in the development and implementation of departmental initiatives as required
• Continues education and knowledge of industry-wide relevant information and technologies as well as new regulations and trends through continuing education, conferences, and/or periodicals, and continues to develop in-depth specialization
• Participates in Fluor University for training and career development
• Serves as a Company representative to external professional organizations
• Contributes to a safe working environment
• Performs other duties as assigned