Senior Data Architect
City : Montreal, Quebec
Category : Permanent Full-Time
Industry : Information technology
Employer : National Bank
Being a Data Solutions Architect for the Wealth Management business line means you're at the core of our deliberations on methodologies to create value for the business line. You'll have the opportunity to represent the Bank's values and use your agency to contribute to the creation of innovative solutions that address real business challenges, reframing how we achieve our objectives.
- Manage data-related aspects of solutions: data flows, identification of reliable sources, analysis/profiling, integration patterns, design/modeling, and optimization of data management and exposure.
- Define the most appropriate methods for integrating and exposing data for the investment domain, considering specific needs and a solution's long-term sustainability.
- Contribute to data process governance (data quality).
- Ensure alignment of solutions with both functional and non-functional requirements (data volume, frequency, and long-term growth).
- Ensure alignment of data solutions with the company's data integration patterns.
- Document data solutions and maintain the data artifacts supporting them (data flows, data models, message models, value domains, etc.).
- Contribute to data innovation.
You are part of a team of 12 colleagues dedicated to the management and organization of data assets (raw data, databases, metadata, data models, documents, reports, etc.). Our team stands out for the collaborative relationships among its members, the existence of a 'safe space,' and the consideration of success conditions in task assignments. Additionally, all team members are part of a leadership development program.
As a leader in Quebec and firmly established nationwide, the Wealth Management sector offers a comprehensive range of wealth management products and solutions through a multichannel distribution network and a unique business model. BNC Wealth Management includes investment solutions, direct brokerage, full-service brokerage, administrative and trading services, private management, and trust and estate services.
- Bachelor's degree in a field related to the industry, with 10 years of relevant experience.
- Experience in roles such as data architect or any other leadership role focused on data management, with an emphasis on system integration.
- Strong experience in data modeling, covering conceptual, logical, and physical aspects, in both transactional and informational contexts.
- Understanding of reference data, master data, and authoritative data source concepts.
- Mastery of data integration solutions, including microservices, streaming, ETL processes, etc.
- Experience in a governed data environment and use of an enterprise data catalog.
- Understanding of data management strategies, particularly in business intelligence, analytics, data warehousing, data virtualization, etc.
- Excellent skills in analyzing data flows and understanding impacts between systems.
- Basic knowledge of data security and access management.
- Health and wellness program, including many options
- Flexible group insurance
- Generous pension plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Preferential banking services
- Initiatives promoting community involvement
- Telemedicine service
- Virtual sleep clinic