Senior Data Analyst
City : Toronto
Category : Full-time Information Technology
Industry : Entertainment
Employer : Cineplex
The Senior Data Analyst will drive business insights from Scene’s rich data ecosystem. The role play a key role partnering with business stakeholders to deliver on key program objective for Scene+ and its partners.
- Collect, interpret and analyze large data sets using software packages including but not limited to SQL Server, Power BI & Databricks to identify patters and trends that can be used to increase efficiency of business units internally within the company.
- Design, build and maintain visualizations and reports using software packages including but not limited to Power BI, Tableau, Databricks & SQL Server Reporting Services to communicate, explain and help management, marketing & operations make smarter decisions that help cut expenses or increase profits.
- Prepare and strategize documents referring to the adoption and practice of data analytics across the organization. The goal is to increase adoption and use while educating other business units on best practices of different/new software platforms and templates.
- Help create & write administrative/procedural documents for the department of Data Analytics using Microsoft office tools to support the Director of Data Analytics to improve department efficiency.
- Review, discuss & interpret project requirements and KPI’s in order to create business intelligence reports that can be implemented in both the short and long term that can be implemented by management and marketing/operations departments to make the decision making easier.
- Post-secondary education in related field (Business Administration, Analytics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Data Science)
- Technical certifications: cloud/data/analytics, data science, etc
- 1-3 of experience as data analyst, BI/dashboard/report developer or similar role
- 1-2 years of experience with relational databases (SQL Server, Oracle, Teradata, etc.)
- 1-3 years of experience with business intelligence, visualization, reporting tools (PowerBI, Tableau, Looker, MicroStrategy, etc.)
- Intermediate to advance proficiency with SQL
- Experience translating data insights into business insights
- Working knowledge of Python and other scripting languages
- Relevant industry experience in: loyalty, marketing, banking, payment cards, retail, consumer facing industries, digital, technology
- Experience with various business domains: marketing and customer acquisition, digital, call center and customer operations, fraud and security analytics, forecasting
- Business intelligence architecture, data warehouse/data marts, reporting schema design
- Previous experience as data analyst or BI/dashboard/report developer
- Working knowledge of business intelligence/visualization/reporting tools: Powerbase, Tableau, Looker, MicroStrategy, etc.
- Experience working with databases, big data/cloud data platforms (MS Azure, Databricks, SQL Server, Oracle, Teradata, AWS, GCP, etc.)
- Able to work with both business and technical teams, turn data insights into business insights
- Strong communication skillset and business acumen, preferred experience in marketing and customer analytics domains
- Driven, self motivated individual, sense of urgency
- Take ownership of tasks to ensure delivery meeting/exceeding expectations of stakeholders
- Able to work independently and also as part of a broader team
- Understanding of machine learning/ML-ops concepts
- Exposure to common data architecture concepts, and business intelligence architecture (data warehouse, data marts)
Inclusion & Diversity:
Scene+ is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We encourage and welcome applications from all intersectional walks of life. The collective sum of our individual differences, experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities, and talent represents a significant part of our culture. By valuing a diverse workforce, we enforce hiring practices that are fair and equitable.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Scene+ standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) may be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please