Senior Contract Administrator
City : EDMONTON
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Senior Contract Administrator - ( 230003H5 )
Stantec Buildings is on a mission to become the world’s leading integrated design practice. Our architects, engineers, interior designers, sustainability specialists, and technologists are passionate about the power of design. We take an innovative, collaborative approach to projects, sharing a common belief that sustainable design for the built environment can make the world a better place for future generations. Join us and design your place with Stantec.
Our Buildings Architecture Team – Calgary & Edmonton offices are looking for a Full Time Senior Contract Administrator. You will play an integral part in ensuring efficient and effective contract administration and completion of projects as per contract documents.
As a Contract Administrator, you will work as part of an integrated and multidiscipline team that is delivering complex projects in Alberta. You are responsible for coordinating and administering the contract award and subsequent contract administration activities relating to complex and high-value contracts.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Interpreting contracts and ensuring compliance with contract terms
- Running construction meetings and providing meeting summary’s
- Monitoring and verifying contract progress
- Preparing and processing:
- Requests for information
- Change management documents
- Contract amendments
- Progress payment certificates
- Site observation reports
- Evaluating contractors' submissions for changes and claims
- Negotiating an acceptable resolution to contract changes and claims, and processing for management approval
- Processing contract close-outs
- Preparing various reports and other correspondence relating to areas of responsibility
- Set ups and maintains the contract in coordination with Project Controls.
- Coordinates the impact of the changes to the contract and documents these changes identified through the change control procedure.
- Provides guidance on financial and contractual matters pertaining to contracts.
- Works with sub-consultants to ensure their commercial deliverables meet project requirements.
- Travel to project site locations within Alberta which may require overnight stays and travel by airplane.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Ability to work with others on large complex projects
- A thorough knowledge of construction and contracting principles, methods, procedures, and practices including contract administration relating to changes, claims and delays
- Extensive architecture experience encompassing both office and field environments.
- A comprehensive knowledge of relevant engineering, pertinent legislation, standards, and scheduling practices/methods
- Sound judgment, strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Effective interpersonal, negotiation, presentation, verbal, and written communication skills
- Demonstrated organizational, administrative, and decision-making skills required to effectively handle changing priorities and project deadlines
- Ability to co-ordinate the efforts of others to accomplish objectives
- Ability to solve complex problems using sound professional judgment, creativity and innovation.
- A good working knowledge of personal computers and applications relevant to the work (word processing, spreadsheets, mobile apps)
- Experience with document control platforms such as Newforma is a plus.
Education and Experience
- Graduate of an Architectural Technology program or minimum 10 years of architectural contract administration experience.
- 10 plus years experience managing the delivery of architectural projects preferred. Certified Construction Contract Administrator (CCCA) would be an asset.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best. The experience will forever shape your future. #FeelingEnergized #DesignYourPlace
Benefits Summary: Full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
Primary Location : Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Work Locations :
Organization : BC-1442 Buildings-CA Alberta
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Aug 28, 2023, 7:26:12 AM
Req ID: 230003H5
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans