Senior Contract Admin
City : Calgary, Alberta
Category : See posting on Fluor site
Industry : Engineering
Employer : Fluor Canada
Fluor is one of Canada's top employers and is recognized globally as a leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Fabrication, and Maintenance industry. Our focus on innovation and providing cost-effective technology-based solutions is second to none. As we look to the future, we need creative, ambitious, and innovative professionals who can help us fulfill our purpose to Build a Better World.
Fluor team members are at the heart of our success in executing projects safely, thoughtfully, and with the highest quality. We aim to foster an inclusive culture that prioritizes diversity and inclusion that allows employees to bring their best, most authentic selves to work. If you value teamwork, empowerment in your career, and are eager to champion innovative and sustainable solutions to our clients, this opportunity just may be for you!
• Development of project specific contract templates.
• Development of Project Contracting Strategies in collaboration with the Project Team.
• Support Contracts Manager with Managing and Mentoring junior members of the Contracts Team
• Knowledgeable on all aspects of construction contracts formation, including assisting in initiating and developing individual contracting strategies, pre-qualification of bidders and development of bidder lists, development of contract RFP documents.
• Lead all bid cycle activities, including chairing RFP explanation meetings and bid clarification meetings, manage all responses to bidder queries, develop commercial bid evaluations and coordinate technical evaluations with engineering.
• Lead negotiations with bidders
• Develop proposal evaluations and award recommendations, submit award recommendations to project team and/or client, develop final contract.
• Perform contract management post-award activities including monitoring Subcontractor performance and progress against critical path and contractor schedules; evaluate and coordinate approval of contractor progress payment applications.
• Monitor contract compliance, review of schedule adherence, lead all contract change management activities (site instructions, drawing transmittals) with a strong focus on negotiating good value on any changes, claims avoidance.
• Investigate and resolve invoicing issues and close-out of subcontracts.
• Ensure that contract administration files are maintained in a clear auditable manner.